Amadeus

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny_grl07

Reaction score
Most recently, I watched the movie "Amadeus," which is about, who else, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, told from the point of view of Antonio Salieri (I think I have his last name spelled right...)

This movie is full of love, jealousy, and really amazing music! The score (which is Mozart music, for the most part) is excellent.

Salieri is old when he tells this story, and it has been many years since the death of Mozart. He describes his hatred for the little man, his musical genius, and his obnoxious giggle.

It's a very moving film, and if anyone is a fan of classical music/Mozart/music in general, they need to watch it.

Of course, the move does take liberties, meaning that there are disputed facts and historical inaccuracies.

In light of that, it's entertaining, and funny, and emotional.

If anyone else has seen it, just give a shout out, and your opinion on the film.

Amadeus is on my short list of all time favorite movies.

I got the special edition DVD when it came out and saw some new scenes so I was just thrilled with that!

But yes, it is one of the best movies ever made. That DVD I have has that commentary on it and you find all sorts of amazing facts about the locations the movie was shot in including the actual place Mozart performed in was part of the movie.

You see refrences of this movie in popular culture. It's been part of Famliy Guy and it's popped up in a few other places. I forget...

My other all time favorite movies:

The Color Purple

Gaslight

Kill Bill

Memoirs of a Geisha

I'm not much of a movie person anymore but I will watch those every time they are on. :D

I'm so jealous!

I need to get the dvd! But, then again, That would mean I would be glued to the tube, watching it over and over again. And singing along to the Requiem.

all i have to say is that....

This was an absolutely great movie. Words cannot describe the awesomeness that surrounds it.

I highly recommend this movie.

If anyone knows the song they play when hes getting carried in his coffin PLEASE!!!! tell me

The song they play when he's getting carried in his coffin is "Lacrymosa." It's from the Requiem mass (which is the piece he is working on when he dies.)

I would've never watched it if not for Mrs. Somerville xD. We had an assignment on Mozart, and "Amadeus" was to help us get into the mood of Mozart's life. His giggle in the movie PWNed. Mrs. Somerville had to explain most of what was going on and introduced us to how Mozart received a pauper's grave, how his health declined, and how Salieri in the movie felt about Mozart's death. The music is wonderfully orchestrated, though. It'd interest more an audience with a love of classical music than anything else.

Latest posts

Back