American Censors

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purin

Reaction score
A lot of games censor things while being translated. Post a game censor from a game here (As long as its not the unused Pippi sprite in Mother. *shudders*).

Mother

Teddie/Teddy/Barry/Jack does not hold a knife in the Mother 1+2:
BB_boss.png

A lot of references are removed.

There is no corny graphiced blood.

Does this count? Kirby's cover art changes between America and Japan:

-I removed it, code to big, just look up 'America Japan Kirby boxart- in Google Images.-

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Purin: Yeah, and they removed the bloodstains from most of the enemies.

@ Jadeie: Kirby looks angry in the American box art but looks happy and cute in the Japanese box art.

Reigonally Censored Video Games

Video Games Censored by Nintendo of America

The biggest one to me was the Legend of Zelda having Blood.
EarthBBound had a KKK reference!? That is odd... Especially for the fact one of the Cultists says: "You unmasked idiot! Go to hell!" But was changed to "Don't go to heaven!" Also, a lot of hell references were removed, along with Ness being sexually nude in magiciant, along with changing Pokey's dad attacking them with a Machine Gun sound, they used the Metal Bat sound.

I know Ness is naked in MOTHER 2, but in 1+2? I dunno. Maybe when Mato finishes his translation we'll see.

Eh, in MonHan there's a lot less blood in the US/PAL versions, and some quest names got changed such as "Challange to God" got changed to "Challange to a God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back