An Inconvienient Truth

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well so-rry for wanting to keep my topic at the top of the board so that people can see it and take the recommendation and go see this movie that is so important to our future.

Sorry for being so mean, i just had to speak my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that and no one's forcing her. I just want to get it through to her that global warming has quite a big impact on the penguins. The antarctic glaciers are melting, and pretty soon if we don't do something, there will be no penguins outside of zoos.
As for the change, yes it can happen very quickly and very dramatically and it should happen very quickly and very dramatically because if it doesn't, and we take "baby steps", we're not going to be fast enough, and trust me, you don't want to know whats going to happen if we take too long.

I never said it's going to be fine and dandy, because our world is never, EVER going to be like that. I'm trying to get it through to people that global warming is going to make our world even worse if we don't do something about it. This movie is alerting people of our problem and also giving people who already know about it a closer and more in depth understanding of what is happening to us.
No, you're right. You're just shoving it down my throat to go see a movie I have absolutely no interest in what-so-ever.

If global warming kills us and other animals. Oh well. Everything dies eventually, and a lot of the time, people die because they did something stupid. This is a good example of it. Global warming is our fault because of polution. People know it'll eventually make us suffer. But people aren't going to run amuck trying to fix something that's not going to happen in the next 10 minutes. They're going to go about their lives like they would every other day.

A movie isn't going to change that.

So if I'm 'selfish' because I want to live life to it's fullest before I die, than I'm proud to be selfish.

I personally think this topic should be closed. It's just turning into uneeded drama over a movie.

Quit bickering, miffiy.

Nobody here is stupid.

You asked for opinions, you got them. Now you learned a lesson about dealing with them.

Nobody can really change the glabal warming problem. A teeny tiny effort sadly doesn't change the world.

I'm not going to rent the movie, sorry.

ugh. i can't argue witht that sort of stupidity.
Um, SK's not being stupid, you are. Trying to make people see a movie they don't want and trying to force your opinions on other people is stupid. (Well in my opinion anyway.)

This is just turing into a flame war.

OOC: And to stay on topic I haven't seen the movie. ;]

OK - I am closing this topic, it has now degenerated into a flame war.

miffiy you are trying to force your opinions on others - and constantly posting in here to bump your topic to the front of the board. You obviously are very concerned about global warming and think this movie is great - but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and should be allowed to see what movie they want and for whatever reason they want.

Please don't be rude to other members - inferring someone is stupid is very offensive.

GK1

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back