Animal Abuse

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2dance

Reaction score
At Starbucks gettin' a caramel frappuchino&#33
Hey Everyone!

Do you think animal abuse is a growing problem today? I do, and it's getting worse, the animal cops do all they can, and I support them for that, but there is only so much they can do. I love animals, and I hate that this is happening. Please tell me what you think, do you think it's a problem or not really? :) :mametchi: :)

[SIZE=7pt]Yes, I personally do.[/SIZE]

You don't see it happen, but it does happen in many places everyday.

In lots of forms.

Pets mostly, I would think...

It's very sad and disappointing to me.

People can be so mean and cruel, and it's getting worse without most of us realizing it.

I would report it if I saw it happen, no question about it.

But I have not, and hopefully never will.

:p

I don't know if it's a growing problem and it may seem like it's more with all the publicity but I can't say if it has increased or decreased.

Animal abuse is terrible and God bless those who work against it.

I personally don't know if it is a growing or lessening problem, but I have seen a heck of a lot of it going on, and it infuriates me. I do think that the people in the neighborhood should deal with it if they see it happening, or think the animal is in situation that could be potentially dangerous. But I don't think they should rush over to the house and scold the neighbors. Call animal control, and the animal will hopefully be nourished and healed, then put into a better home. Animal abuse is a sad thing, and growing or not I think there is too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the rate has like, gone up or anything. It just seems like it is because it's getting more publicity, from animal cops and that one commertial for that animal shelter and such.

I don't really know if it is growing or just being publicized more. =/ But at any rate, it needs to end. What do we, a superior species, get from beating on those weaker than us? They're just helpless animals, for God's sake.

It needs to stop. Well, it will never stop completely, but we can always try to be part of the change. ;D

[SIZE=13pt]I dunno...Personally I find child abuse a bigger problem...[/SIZE]

But I'm pretty sure there just publiczing Animal abuse a lot more. >.o

Constantly showing you sickening images...To get you to pay money to there organizations... :0

Blah.

It is a huge problem. It always has been, we are just able to be more informed about it now. I've seen sooo many cases of neglect, starvation, physical abuse, mistreatment, psychological abuse...the list goes on. I am so glad to know that there are other people out there who also feel strongly about ending the suffering whenever they can. I do it at absolutely every opportunity I get, and I take animals in and rehab them.

I feel like once you are exposed to it like this, you can never turn the other way and ignore it. I know I can never save the world. BUT, what I can do, and what you guys can do too, is to try to make a difference in whatever way you can. To each animal that you save, it means the world. I think that's definitely enough reason to put yourself aside when you need to and work towards humane treatment.

Now, you might be wondering what you can do. It sounds lame -o, but education is the absolute most important factor in preventing animal cruelty. Educate yourself about whatever situations concern you, or you are exposed to, and spread the word to oothers. Do NOT become a ranting, raving PETA lunatic, they are a disgrace to those who truely care. If you know someone who doesn't know how to care for their pet, kindly offer information on w hat to do better for the animal. If you see obvious mistreatment/neglect/abuse, report it immediately. You can donate money and even volunteer time at animal rescues or shelters. Get a job in a pet store and give your customers CORRECT information about their new pets. There are all kinds of other things you can do, but these are a great way to start!

You guys know how I feel about this stuff, so it makes me happy to see you all feeling the same way. B)

I really loathe animal abuse. But truthfully I've seen alot more cases of anti-abusers than abusers. o_o

Animal abuse is a crime, and its terrible, but its not growing. Its just more prominant.

Animal abuse is wrong. It always gets to me when I see pictures and commotials about animal abuse. It makes me mad at people who abuse animals. It is a problem but there are more people who are against it then people who abuse animals. But there are still alot of animal abusers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Animal Abusers make me angry. :p Why don't they go to a shooting range? Or hit punching bags!? If anything happened to my dog. You couldn't image. what I would do. You wanna know? I guess I'll say it. Track them down sue him/her for $100,199 dollars. And throw them in jail. Next exacute them. Why don't they all pick on bugs? Or something else than poor strays!?!? :D

Starman, I educate others mainly about the misunderstood creatures. Reptiles, bugs, birds, amphibians...those types of creatures. I love them most of all, and I LOVE it when I see a change begin to happen in a person who used to hate or fear them! :(

There are people who stick up for these guys! I just wish there were more who do. And, I'm trying to do what I can about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back