Any Tamas you waiting for?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently waiting for a Generation 1 Red Glitter Tamagotchi and a Generation 2 Colorful Characters Tamagotchi from Target's website.   I would have loved to buy them at a store in person, but my mom and I tried very hard and looked at all the stores that had carried them and they did not have any Generation 1 and 2 Tamagotchis. Target has Gudetama at the' physical location I checked, but no regular Tamagotchis.

I currently don't have any Tamagotchis or handheld pets so that's why I bought these 2 recently. My order has free shipping so at least that's a plus! I'm looking forward to getting these 2 Tamagotchis in the mail!

I have a lot on order at the moment.

Screenshot-2019-05-04-10-39-21-1.png

Screenshot-2019-05-04-10-48-17-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s an amazing price for 6 Tamagotchis, considering I just got a V3 For £33.40. What website do you use? I Might check it out ;)
I got those ones on ebay amd Buyee.com. I also use sometimes wish.com and Japan You Want.

Shpock occasionally.

You can get Tamagotchis on  Buyee Japan Auctions for as cheap as 1 penny. With import and shipping charges still pretty cheap. Good to check out. 

For example...

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/e355715341?conversionType=search_suggest

I got those ones on ebay amd Buyee.com. I also use sometimes wish.com and Japan You Want.

Shpock occasionally.

You can get Tamagotchis on  Buyee Japan Auctions for as cheap as 1 penny. With import and shipping charges still pretty cheap. Good to check out. 

For example...

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/e355715341?conversionType=search_suggest
Oh Man! I really wish I bought those. I’ve always wanted an IDL And; Since my Birthday was so Soon I had to pick ASAP, so I just got the 1st English Tamagotchi I could find. From JYW, I’m actually starting to realise that there not the cheapest place ever! I’m definitely going to buy from that place, sometime.

Nice! For buyee.com, do we have to pay for shipping ourselves? 
Buyee is a proxy service, so you pay for the goods, a markup fee on those goods, the shipping from the seller in Japan to Buyee, and the shipping from Buyee to you. Optionally you can also pay extra to have Buyee inspect your items for damage when the items arrive with them. You are also responsible for paying any import fees and taxes that you incur once the items arrive in your country.

It's easy to use, and Buyee are very up-front and clear about their fees (you can read about them here), but it's very important to do your research first, as the fees with services like this can rack up, and it's your responsibility to know what taxes your country may or may not charge you when your goods pass through customs.

What Penguin-keeper said. Prices of actual items can be almost completely nothing, really that cheap. But with the shippings, import charges and shipping from warehouse to your house it builds up into a price. Usually still fairly reasonable. It's worth noting however that Buyee doesn't like you bidding on more than one item at a time. You can do it, it's just frowned upon.

They do get a bit funny about it sometimes. 
That doesn't entirely surprise me - there are some very specific cultural issues regarding shopping, in Japan, after all, and this is probably related to one of them.

The old chestnut of how if you're asking if an item is in stock then you're committing to buying it is the one that always sticks in my head - it was included with some advice that I read before I started using proxy services. Actually, that's well worth knowing for our friends here who are considering using Buyee, really. :p

I'm currently waiting for the Tamagotchi ON to be released.

The wait feels like its taking forever though. I found out about it in June and it felt like the longest month of the year so far. July is starting to feel like its going by just as slowly. The one retailer, EB Games, that plans to sell the ON on July 10th instead of the 28th release date doesn't have a store in my area and it would be an insane trip to get to any that's the slightest bit close to me.

I'm currently waiting for the Tamagotchi ON to be released.

The wait feels like its taking forever though. I found out about it in June and it felt like the longest month of the year so far. July is starting to feel like its going by just as slowly. The one retailer, EB Games, that plans to sell the ON on July 10th instead of the 28th release date doesn't have a store in my area and it would be an insane trip to get to any that's the slightest bit close to me.
Thank the lord there’s an EB games near me.... but it’s actually gamestop...

Cheers to the wait, though.

Thank the lord there’s an EB games near me.... but it’s actually gamestop...

Cheers to the wait, though.
Yeah and Gamestop and EB Games have separate releases for it. The reason EB Games came up with Gamestop is because Gamestop bought shares or something of the EB Games company allowing it to stay in business.

I plan on checking the two Gamestops near me on the 10th to see if MAYBE they're selling them despite EB and Gamestop having different release dates for selling the ON. Maybe I'll get lucky, but part of me also doesn't want to buy from them. Aside from not wanting to support Gamestop because of their terrible business practices the people working in the Gamestops near me all have the WORST attitudes with costumers and acting like complete snobs. Not to mention I've seen how they handle products, I think why some people end up with broken stuff from them is because the employees just dump stuff on the floor and kick it around instead of carrying it like at the Gamestops in my area.

Yeah and Gamestop and EB Games have separate releases for it. The reason EB Games came up with Gamestop is because Gamestop bought shares or something of the EB Games company allowing it to stay in business.

I plan on checking the two Gamestops near me on the 10th to see if MAYBE they're selling them despite EB and Gamestop having different release dates for selling the ON. Maybe I'll get lucky, but part of me also doesn't want to buy from them. Aside from not wanting to support Gamestop because of their terrible business practices the people working in the Gamestops near me all have the WORST attitudes with costumers and acting like complete snobs. Not to mention I've seen how they handle products, I think why some people end up with broken stuff from them is because the employees just dump stuff on the floor and kick it around instead of carrying it like at the Gamestops in my area.
it’s a trade off then. Early but broken, or late/on time mint condition.

it’s a trade off then. Early but broken, or late/on time mint condition.
Yeah.

Not to mention the comment Bandai made about the ON not having the glitches their Japanese counter part the Meets has is now in question. This is because Bandai said the ON and Meets can't connect but then people found out it wasn't true when people with both were able to connect them. So now people are worry that if they were wrong about the ON and Meets being able to connect, what if their wrong about the glitches being fixed in the ON.

I sent a message to Bandai America about this when I heard the concerns, haven't heard back yet but plan to post their response if I get one.

Yeah.

Not to mention the comment Bandai made about the ON not having the glitches their Japanese counter part the Meets has is now in question. This is because Bandai said the ON and Meets can't connect but then people found out it wasn't true when people with both were able to connect them. So now people are worry that if they were wrong about the ON and Meets being able to connect, what if their wrong about the glitches being fixed in the ON.

I sent a message to Bandai America about this when I heard the concerns, haven't heard back yet but plan to post their response if I get one.
Speaking of, the Amazon release date. Do you think it’ll be shipped on the 18th of August, or on the 28th of July?

Maybe bandai was just hiding it.

Being able to connect the Meets and the On (in spite of Bandai's claims to the contrary), and the glitches being fixed are not mutually exclusive, at least!

Translating a game (and ultimately that also applies to the workings of the colour Tamagotchis, too) often involves reprogramming some stuff so that text displays properly in the target language, so with any luck they've fixed the bugs and glitches while they were at it.

The bugs being fixed but everything else remaining the same is what would allow for the two international versions to connect - it's much like how there were different regional revisions of the original Pokemon games that fixed bugs, but they could still trade and battle with each other.

Obviously, this stuff doesn't mean that it will be fixed, either. :lol: But I can't see any reason why they wouldn't fix it when doing what's required for localisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back