Anyone here excited for Tamagotchi Friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the fact it's not a color screen, keeping to the oldschool ways... That being said, as I've mentioned in another post I do not like how the packaging and logo are so girly!!! Wth bandai!
Tamagotchi in Japan has been ultra girly for three years, and they are mega popular there. I don't see what's wrong with Tamagotchi Friends being girly, especially since there are non-girly designs.

Also in a video, a Bandai representive said that they made it more girl-oriented because 1. It's girl oriented in Japan and 2. The nurturing aspect is usually what's marketed towards girls.

Tamagotchi in Japan has been ultra girly for three years, and they are mega popular there. I don't see what's wrong with Tamagotchi Friends being girly, especially since there are non-girly designs.

Also in a video, a Bandai representive said that they made it more girl-oriented because 1. It's girl oriented in Japan and 2. The nurturing aspect is usually what's marketed towards girls.
It makes sense for bandai to target it for girls because it sells more, but we all wish it was more neutral, men can be caring too, but yeah Bandai as a company tries to get more players, and get girls attention with cute things is easier than getting boys xD

The TF's shell doesn't bother me too much, I would say is less girly than the iDs or the P's, what bothers me are the characters, even if I love all the males, out of all the females I only like Tropicatchi, Himespetchi and Memetchi (I don't mind Pianitchi and Kiraritchi either, but I can't say I like them), appart from those I dislike all the other girl characters, they are so girly and boring D:

Tamagotchi Friends seems hyped for since the US FaceBook page has almost 10,000 likes already. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow, that's quite a lot of likes :eek:

Hopefully it will sell better in the US than in here :)

The nurturing aspect is usually what's marketed towards girls.
Let me say both boys and girls like Nintendogs.

Tamagotchis, especially the modern ones, are more than a digital pet.Oh, and boys like dogs and cats too, so I don't understand why Bandai still think that taking care of a pet isn't good for boys, there was even a digital pet with Star Wars characters, not a Tamagotchi, but a Giga Pet vpet, and I think boys like digital stuff and videogames even more, while girls prefer dolls and fashion stuff, digital toys and videogames were first created for a male target, so..

And Bandai would get more money if they would target it for both genders.

10 girls buy a Tamagotchi, Bandai gets money.

10 girls and 10 boys buy a Tamagotchi= more money.

Ok, I'm not saying every stuff for girls should be unisex, but if something like Tamas were unisex, why do they make them for girls only?

It's like making Action Man or Marvel super heroes for girls only because girls like sexy men while boys prefer boobs.

Let me say both boys and girls like Nintendogs.

Tamagotchis, especially the modern ones, are more than a digital pet.Oh, and boys like dogs and cats too, so I don't understand why Bandai still think that taking care of a pet isn't good for boys, there was even a digital pet with Star Wars characters, not a Tamagotchi, but a Giga Pet vpet, and I think boys like digital stuff and videogames even more, while girls prefer dolls and fashion stuff, digital toys and videogames were first created for a male target, so..

And Bandai would get more money if they would target it for both genders.

10 girls buy a Tamagotchi, Bandai gets money.

10 girls and 10 boys buy a Tamagotchi= more money.

Ok, I'm not saying every stuff for girls should be unisex, but if something like Tamas were unisex, why do they make them for girls only?

It's like making Action Man or Marvel super heroes for girls only because girls like sexy men while boys prefer boobs.
Exactly my thoughts.

I don't get how appealing to just one gender can be good in any way, if you try to appeal to everybody you will get more attention, the same girls would buy tamagotchis but you would also get some males, there's nothing wrong on getting more fans and more money bandai xD

All we want is unisex designs/features as they had before, because, jewelry? Seriously? I don't even think that appeals to most of girls really -_-

Or they could easilly do a Mesutchi/Osutchi kinda thing here, I think it would rock, make one with boyish designs with boy characters and boyish features, and one with girly designs girl characters and girly features (oh wait, we have it, tamagotchi friends, pretty much the same but with some boys in it)

But include the dating place in both so you don't need to conncet them to have babies, because thats what I don't like about the Osu/Mesu |D

Lost of people would buy both versions to get the different characters though, so BanDai wouldn end up winning xD

nvm, just crazy dreams of mines that will never come true :p

American fans

tumblr_na91jwLDOQ1t1cn5oo1_400.gif

I can't wait for them to come ouo I'll finally see a Tamagotchi at stores :D I must use my sister's camera to take pictures to post here *takes camera*

What's there not to be excited about?

• It's a new tamagotchi
  • The shell designs are beautiful
  • Japanese-exclusive characters make their American debut
  • The new Tamagotchi web site is glorious
  • It's the first Tamagotchi to use NFC
  • It has new features like collecting accessories, BFF meter, etc
I understand why many Tamagotchi fans are disappointed but don't let a black and white screen stop you from enjoying a Tamagotchi! We've all used and loved black and white screens before, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back