approving

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had 3 Tamas. My mom never really "Loved" them, but she didn't "Hate" them. She felt indifferent towards them. My dad actually bought them for me. I had a Green Snake Scales v3, and well my dad loved them to, and when she died (Leaftchi), we cried. She died of overheating at our 4th of July family reunion at the beach. My second Tama was a Bubbles Light Blue v3, and we, my dad and me, mourned over his death (Gozarutchi), the same thing happened. Up to now, my current Tama is a Dark Blue Rockets v5. They have never died, but I reseted it too much. So, sorry for being off topic, my parents approved Tamagotchis, especially my dad. As for school, my Elementary and Middle schools do approve them, but no noise in class. I only took it once. My friends liked them from k-2, but afterwards, I was the only one who had one, the rest of them sold them. They then became hypocrites and hated on Tamas. I'm 12 and I'm proud to have one!

My parents don't really mind, but they don't want them to be the only thing I focus on.. Like, family, friends, and school first, then tamas. Either my mom or my aunt buy them for me.. (I bought my Tama-Go myself.)

But anyways, they've never taken them away, or threatened them, like some of you guys.. (I'm sorry for you guys, by the way)

My grandparents don't really get it, and they don't get how I run them all at the same time XD

My mom thinks they're cute.

She's cool, she likes tamas, and pokemon, and all the good 90's stuff ;D

When I was in Elementary school, a lot of people had them in 4th grade. I think I am the only person who still owns and takes care of Tamagotchis today. I bet most of them back in 4th grade abandoned playing tamagotchis, thinking that they are growing up. I'm a high schooler and I still enjoy Tamagotchi and I play with them actively over the summer when I actually have time to care for them.

My mom bought me my first tamagotchi when I was a 4th grader... at that time there were Tamagotchi connection version 2, so she got me the blue one with lolipops on them. My mom thinks they are just simple toys and she thinks they are pretty expensive for just "little" things.

No one in my area plays Tamagotchi in school anymore... so I guess teachers would let others have it in school, or they don't mind seeing them because they probably don't know what they are anymore.

My parents always said I was too old once I hit the double digits, and as of now, I'm 23 and still playing with them.

So, basically.. I'm married, have a life, live outside of the house in our own apartment - I don't really give a flying fig about what my parents have to say about me running a Tamagotchi, hahaha.

I'm sure they'd be against it, due to the fact I AM married, and AM 23, but pft.

My parents always said I was too old once I hit the double digits, and as of now, I'm 23 and still playing with them.

So, basically.. I'm married, have a life, live outside of the house in our own apartment - I don't really give a flying fig about what my parents have to say about me running a Tamagotchi, hahaha.

I'm sure they'd be against it, due to the fact I AM married, and AM 23, but pft.
OMG - you are like my clone. O_O I'm 23, married, and live in our own apartment (we rent a house), and I wouldn't care what my parents think cause I don't live with them or even in the same state anymore XD

-Purn

OMG - you are like my clone. O_O I'm 23, married, and live in our own apartment (we rent a house), and I wouldn't care what my parents think cause I don't live with them or even in the same state anymore XD

-Purn
Hahaha, bloody brilliant. That is so awesome! :) I'm glad that we're so much alike! ROCK ON EH? ;)

My parents say I can have what ever I want as long as I pay for it, or if it's a special occasion. I have younger siblings so we all have them. My Sister buys me them and I buy her them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since my collection has started growing my parents have started to get a little bit more strict with them. I have 12 tama's now and mum says I've got too many already. I'm not allowed to consistantly buy off Trademe, i only get to buy off there once every month. One of my friends from school likes them!! She's really interested in all the characters and i think soon I'm gonna start teaching her the names!!!

Sakura-san123

They don't see why I want more Tamagotchis xD I asked my grandpa if he could take me to Toysrus so I could get a Tama-Go and he said, 'Why do you want another Yamaguchi? What's wrong with the one you have now?' I said they made a new different Tamagotchi that I wanted, and he made a little tsk-tsk noise. But he took me to get it anyway.

My mom doesn't mind them, as long as I don't ignore her for them. I tried to get her to watch over mine whenever I was in school one day. She didn't feed it or clean its poo so it died :p

My grandma buys me them from eBay. I can use her credit card as long as I have her permission and I pay her the amount in cash. I guess she thinks it's my money I'm spending anyway so it's okay lol.

My Mum is ok with them but my Dad and Step-Mum HATE them. XD XD XD

Oh my gosh why did it double post? I am soooooo sorry! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents are okayer with Tamas now. They DON'T like me buying a million of them or running a million (I seriously just hit twenty! I get most of my Tama income from my brother nowadays, e.g. yesterday he gave me an iD L. Just like that. For free.) Although I can get more if I don't already have all the versions I want (which I don't! I've got to have all the Connexions at least before I'm done!), it's a big fuss with shipping prices and slow delivery and my TMGC+C was ridiculously delayed, 20 days delayed to be precise.

Anyway. My brother's kind of losing interest, and he's getting a Familitchi which will probably go towards my collection in a month or two as well, and he sells me a few and gives me a few. He currently has zero. But he's okay with Tamas. He's not a big fan of them, but he doesn't hate them.

My mom loves the funny drawings I do of giant Mametchi's being captured by miniature Chamametchis and likes to hear about my log and my Tamas, but when it comes to the little plastic toy, she's not so keen. She puts limits of stuff, but they're mostly reasonable and I don't even WANT to run more Tamas than she allows or go to bed later than she allows.

My dad won't have anything to do with them, he just teases me, pretending to fall asleep whenever I talk about them or saying I'm addicted to them. He frequently says they look boring, but nothing wrong with that, he's used to complex modern computer games. He doesn't hate ME using them, but he doesn't want to have anything to do with them himself. He does buy me Tamas, and work hard on it even when eBay's being difficult. He's never failed to get me a Tama I wanted and could afford!

However, although my parents are fine with me being into them just as long as I don't exceed any of their limits, they don't exactly encourage anything but my logging. They don't buy me Tamas as gifts, or say anything like "I hope you get a Perfect Care character!" or "Why not make another Tama Bedroom?" or anything else that encourages me to spend more time on Tama-related stuff.

Overall:

Mom = OK with them, talks about them with me but won't play one

Dad = fine with me using them but won't do anything with them himself

Brother = not into them himself, but doesn't care what I do

Grandma = interested

Grandpa = I don't see him very often so he doesn't even know I have Tamas

Nobody thinks I'm too old for them, but I get a lot of this during discussions about expensive vintage Tamas:

Mom/Dad: Maybe when you're older and not as fussed about Tamas, yours will be vintages and you could sell -

Me: NO! I'm never going to get less fussed about Tamas! You wait and see!

And why shouldn't I still be into Tamas when I'm thirty, I ask?

~ Dazzmina

My parents are okay with them. They just don't want me to get super crazy addicted to them. Unfortunately, they drew the line of me getting more Tamagotchis. And my brothers, they usually say: 'We should save money.' or 'I don't think you should get anymore...', or 'You already have enough.'. It drives me nuts... =_=

Mom: well they're cute...

Me: ^_^ Thanks

Dad: Eh? I stopped listening when you said the word Tamagotchi (Jokes)

Me: <_< Love you too Dad.

Brother: Oh that reminds me... I think mine is dead.

Me: -_- mrh...*slumps* :(

My mom takes them away as punishment... but they can never remember how many I have so I always end up keeping a few. :gozarutchi: they all think it's ok and all my friends think it cool and one plays with them :chohimetchi:

My mom and dad are usually okay with it, and I have to by it with my own money. None of my friends are interested in it. When I try to show my mom my tama, she just says she can't see the screen clearly -_- . Sometimes when I'm playing with them at the table, my dad will say "No electronics at the table." Yea so my parents are pretty okay and my brother has a couple too. At school I just hide one in my locker and turn the sound off.

Im allergic to every kind of animal fur so the tamagotchi is actually good for me. its my own pet that I wont sneeze or break out into rashes with.

Even though I'm nearly sixteen, my mother doesn't mind that I still play with Tamagotchi. If anything, she supports me, and funds my collection, because she understands that I see them as a substitute for the pets I can't own due to the restrictions of our apartment complex. It's really cute and funny when she asks me questions about them, such as "How is Ella doing?" or "Is Eric hungry?". It's become a point of bonding for us, to be honest.

I suppose that makes me one of the lucky ones. ;)

~Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back