Are cell phones allowed at your school?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auburn

Reaction score
Cell phones are allowed at my middle school. We get bomb threats alot, so I don't think it is a good idea. (a cell phone can st off many types of bombs) What do you think? B)

we have to hand ous in two the office. bomb treats scary poor you im glad i dont have to put up with that

Nope. No cells, Mp3s, cameras, nothing. The only reason is fear of cameras for exposing kids online or something. I understand their reasoning, but we're not child stalkers or anything. The only reason the kids brought cameras to school was to take pictures of their friends, NOT random kids.

I still bring my cell phone to school- just for emergencys, lockdowns, or if I'm walking after school.

I bring my iPod because some teachers are cool enough to let us use them for class, and I drown out the sund of kids on my bus.

Lastly, I bring my camera. Why? It's my last year at this school, and I want to remember my friends and such. I only use it at recess, and I'm so stelth like I never get caught. :3 I guess you can say I'm a major law breaker.

I don't even put my friends pictures online, I develop them to use for scrapbooking purposes. I love photography and I'm not letting a stupid school rule stop me from bringing my cell either.

Anyways, my cell is on silent, so if someone calls it won't ring.

[btw Auburn, your school gets THAT any bomb threats?! Scary.]

I'm not sure about cell phones, I don't think so. We're only allowed to have our iPods at lunch because they let us use them then and I don't know about anything else.

As long as the teachers don't see it, they don't care. We're not supposed to have them, but they know we do (I don't). Some teachers don't even bother to confiscate them when they see them.

We are not supposed to have: skateboards (people bring them though and usually leave them in one of their nice teachers classrooms all day), bikes (we put them on the bike rack), CD players, iPods, MP3 players, or other electronic items. Cell phones can only be used before and after school. So I guess they're kind of allowed, but we can only keep them in our backpacks.

I got that out of my agenda. Last year we weren't allowed to dice or cards either, but I guess they don't care anymore. (Friends of mine did get their card pack taken away by the librarian earlier this year though.)

Last edited by a moderator:
We're allowed to take them to school, but only use them at lunch times between a certain area. During classes they have to e turned off or on silent <_<

~Puma

Cell phones aren't allowed in my school, but I bring it in case of an emergency.

No. Kids bring them anyways, and they are always taken away. It really dosen't matter to me, I never bring anything valuable except my tamas to school.

Our school allows them but only the 11 and 12 graders can use them at recess and lunch and in free periods. The others can use them at the beginning at recess and lunch in the locker bay. But only to check messages.

we cant have phones cameras ipods mp3 but kids bring it anyway i know i do.

Bomb threats are not that bad we just gointo the football stadium until it passes. A bomb has never gone off. In a way it is kind of fun! You don't have to do anything for the rest of the school day! ;)

P.S We have to have our phones on silent too!

Primary kids look like they can bring whatever they want to school, but Secondary/High school students aren't allowed electronic goods such as mobiles, mp3s...

However, the reason isn't bomb threats but so people don't get distracted in class and to avoid interruptions. And to avoid thefts. The school doesn't want to be involved in disappeared mobiles, mp3s... To be able to have a mobile on in class you need a justification (such as if you have a family member in hospital, you can have your mobile on to find out what has happened etc).

Still, obviously people still bring them to school, so as long as they are turned off, well hidden and out of the way, they aren't in danger of being confiscated by the teachers.

As for mp3s, people always bring them, and I think you can use them at playtime.

Still, I don't have a mobile, and I don't often use my mp3 at school - so I follow the rules. ;)

We are not allowed to carry them around, but everyone does. In their pocket, purses, where ever. We aren't allowed to carry our backpacks around (GAAHH I HATE THAT RULE!!!) and we have to carry our books around to different classes. And we can only go to our lockers 4 times a day: Before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. But i go around, like, 7 times XD. Only a few teachers acctualy care about the rules.

*BaBi*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back