are older tamagotchis still in stores?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

faery

Reaction score
i have a v 4.5 and was wondering if i could get another one at target or walmart. last time i was in target i only saw the tamago and a friend cant get it to connect with her other, older tamagotchis

It's a very good chance not. But if you're really lucky, you might still see some in different stores. You might try your luck with Thrift stores.

It's definitely a possibility. Larger box stores like Walmart, Toy-r-Us and Target generally do not stock "old" toys due to product management restrictions. This is not to say that you won't find old toys at these stores, it's just not a very common situation. I once found a Cube World toy in Zellers dated from 2008 just this past Spring...so while the chances are low, it's still a possibility.

Depending on the size of community you live in, sometimes companies open "Toy Blowout" stores in empty retail spaces. These stores often sell older toys that perhaps the larger chains could not sell, they buy large bulk amounts and mark the prices at a fairly reasonable level. Just this past Christmas, I bought 3 V3's and 4 V4.5's at one of these stores.

Keep your eyes peeled and good luck with your search - because that's the fun part!

Once and I while I know Walgreens does sell the older connections. I'm not sure why but I have seen them. Target and Walmart, probably not. Especially since I never even say Tama-Gos at Walmart.

Oh I am totally going to start looking for Toy Blowout stores!

A few months ago I saw a few v4.5, and a couple of V5 in a small independant toy shop. Check the smaller shops. They probably didn't mark down the price a lot when newer models came in, so got stuck with the older models that few people want now.

Its rare to find them... but its possible. I found a horde of v3 in a Walmart on my vacation... I bought one when I found it. They had some v4.5s too.

I tend to find older tamas in a Walmart of all places. Goodwill stores sometimes have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back