Are tamas embarrassing?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Where have tamagotchis gone? I've noticed that in very few years tamagotchis have been gradually disappearing from schools and such.

My friend saw my tamagotchis when she came round and said how she missed playing with them (we are in yr8). I said I'd give her one of mine so we can play together but she said that she didn't want to be seen with it because she didn't want being called a baby at school.

I don't and have never been bothered about what people think/say about me because they only say it to hurt you and i know that but no matter how much i tried to convince my friend to play again, whether in public or not she always refused to play with the same comment,

"I dont want people to call me a baby." or "I'm to old to play."

Do you think that people should be embarrassed to be seen playing with tamagotchis? :unsure:

Please comment to get my friend enjoying them again!! :D

I don't think so. Tamagotchis should be enjoyed either in public or at home. I use mine at home however this is not because I feel embarrassed, but more because when I go out I'd rather focus on what I'm doing. I'd tell your friend that if she wants to play them then she should play them at home. It's not like her parents would tell her off or anything!

It's odd isn't it ? People walk around playing games on their phones or texting like crazy - but somehow playing with an electronic toy is seen as childish. Well, a phone is just a more complex electronic toy a lot of the time. The Apple App Store makes millions out of simple throw-away apps that entertain people when they have a minute spare.

I blame the marketing really.

Back in '97 Tama's were seen as the latest fad and were used by children AND adults all over the world. Since then the marketing has moved more and more towards young children and more feminine designs.

The thing is, it's just a matter of perspective. If you are worried what people think then just play with them on the quiet (like me). :gozarutchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
nah, i just recently brought my tamagotchi to school and my friends were like: "I remember those! I loved them! <3"

No, you should not feel embarassed to use Tamagotchis, but that's maybe because I'm way too strong-willed for my own good. Some people are far more social, and care what the public think, and that's fine. Maybe your friend is like that? But either way, social pressure should NOT stop people pursuing what they love. You can always carry a Tama in a purse or pocket, and you definitely don't need to take it to school or let any of your friends know that you like Tamas.

Of course, it is better (in my opinion) to stand up for what you love and if people will hate you for it, they're not worth being liked by. But if you or your friend will be embarassed to be seen with a Tamagotchi, so be it, just don't show it to people. ;)

first off, i never felt embaressed by tamagotchis, i absolutly adore them

and i never ever really cared about what other people think of me either

i have been mocked multiple times but that never has mattered. i wish others could see what i mean by this.

I've never been embarrassed by a tama. It's just not embarrassing. If you really love tamas, you won't care about what others think. If you really want to, you'll always find a way to play with tamas and not be upset over teasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back