Are tamas for boys?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I'm a Girl and I think boys should be able to play with them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...I noticed there are a lot of boys who are afraid TMGC is too girly, but I am a girl who is worried that TMGC is too boyish! There are some anime episodes that are so boyish..

Anyway, you can easily tell Tamagotchi is not just for girls. If it was, the main character would be a girl and it would be all pink and flowery and all that stuff. So, Tamagotchi is equally for boys and girls. Don't worry about it! My brothers like Tamagotchi (mostly the show) and I used to see a lot of boys with Tamagotchis.

I think tamas are for both genders... it doesn't matter. They all have fun characters, competitive games, etc. Just some people think it's for girls, because it's more geared to girls now.... maternal instincts!! lol. They have all these super-girly designs now....I only like a couple of them. It's just like GBA and NDSLite and PSP and XBox.... they can be for either gender. Tamagotchis are just different colors, and a lot smaller;.

I agree with everyone in this thread that Tamagotchis are for boys and girls. The colors/patterns/designs may not always be gender neutral, but at least there's enough designs out there that can appeal to both genders. :mimitchi: :mametchi:

I may be a girl, but I also enjoy the Digimon Tamagotchis, even though they were geared towards boys. The characters are just as fun and the evolutions are always a mystery. So, if a girl can play with Digimon Tamas then a boy should be able to play with Tamagotchis too. :)

I think tamagotchis are made for girls, but it's totally ok for boys to use them too. But most of the shell designs today are overly girly. I think Bandai originally wanted tamas to be for girls, but it's become for both genders. Now that they've made a PRINCESS Spacy iD L, it's clear that it was intended for girls, but there is nothing wrong with a male owning one of these, or any Tama! :)

Many boys at my school started to play with tamagotchis because it was about the only thing that they would be able to talk to girls about. After a while the boys actually enjoyed playing with them and they had then done it so on a Friday lunch time they would all play together and you wouldn't see any boys playing sports at lunch on Friday. :kuribotchi:

I think its funny how a company that should want as many people as possible buying their awesome toy messes it up by mainly marketing it towards one group. Oh well we don't have to buy into it.

This has been asked time and time again. tamagotchis are for everyone! the media in japan may target theirs as for girls only but western civilization has come out with many boy themed tamagotchis. Tamagotchis are for everyone no matter what race/age/gender/ we are all equal :)

tamas are litereally for everyone, im a 15 yr old boy and im addicted (well i love them alot)

i have 20 tamas and still trying to get more, and i don't care if someone mocks me about it

long live tamagotchi

lol I'm a boy, but I use it at school all the time. People would say "Whoa! Is that a Tamagotchi?! I had one, but I lost it."

It's pretty funny, actually, one of my teachers actually lets me have it out and doesn't care at all if I play it.

I'm a guy, around 17 years of age. I just bought a Tama-go from a nearby city for a decent amount of money. It made me nostalgic the whole time I had it. I couldn't afford a tamagotchi before but I did have the tamagotchi-like toys like the dino ones. I've always wanted an authentic tamagotchi when I was a kid.

Now, I'm buying an ID-L tamagotchi from a seller in eBay. I doubted myself at the thought of buying it at first since I saw its trailer. It was kinda inclined towards girls and the cost was too high.

I decided that I didn't really care for the stereotypes that revolve in owning a tamagotchi. I did care about the money though. >___>

TL;DR. Who cares? Tamagotchis are cool. Also, am I a minority here?

I was playing with my Entama on the bus yesterday and out of nowhere I hear someone say, "HEY! TAMAGOTCHI!"... and before I knew it, this teenage boy that I've never seen before in my life had his Music Star in my face to show it to me. I just about flipped out.

I'm a guy and I have a Music Star! I have the black Techno Sound design. Good thing they have designs that are designed for guys. I've been wanting an iD-L, too but I'm still trying to crunch which colour I should pick, lol

Boys can play tamas. I used to let my 2 younger brothers play with mine and they loved them so much i let them keep them and they take them in to school. All their friends liked them and they all own at least 1 now. 2 of my guy friends also liked them but they said that if they weren't such girly designs then they'd probably have one XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back