Are tamas gettin too girly?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everything before the V4 was pretty neutral, but after that the designs seemed to be more on the girly side, except for the Tama-Go which is also pretty neutral. At my Walmart where I buy my Tamas, they're actually not put in the girl section. They're put in section with other small electronic toys.

I thought they had a poll or something... And it showed that there were more guys that owned Tamas than girls... =.=

Or maybe they could have neutral designs like they had on the v6?

TamaMum is correct about Tamagotchis being intended for girls and Digimon for boys, but that was back in 1997, and I liked both either way. :p Since it turns out that a lot of males also like tamagotchis, though, Bandai does need to be carefully gender-neutral in designing their shells. I think we're seeing that in the Tama-go which seems equally suited to both genders to me: blue, green, or white with interchangable face-plates? Yes, thank you! However, in Japan I believe that the demographic is currently young girls, younger than the average tamagotchi owner in the United States.

I first bought my purple translucent V4 when I was 5 and you call that young or what?! Here are a list of my Tamas and their shells:

V3 - faded green with spider webs (more boyish I think)

V4 - translucent purple (girly)

V4.5 - leopard spots (neutral)

V5 - white with houses on (pretty neutral)

Music Star 1 and 2 - red (neutral)

Music Star 3 - orange and purple (just slightly on the girly side)

Tama-Go - blue with Memetchi (pretty neutral)

TMGC+C - blue (neutral)

I didn't even have a choice about my designs, each version was painfully hard to get in any design! The V4.5 was supposed to be Chocolate Argyle but the delivery people didn't get it right :eek:

I think V1 had a pretty neutral selection. I had a pearlescent pink one, and when I talked my guy friend into buying one he got a neat looking green one. V2... I can't remember what other options they had (a good 5 years ago), but I got the baby blue one with flowers on it. V3 I think had fairly decent options, I got the pink one with ice cream cones on it (it was the only I liked when I bought it). I agree that V4 was a bit girly... Mines red with pink and yellow hearts on it. V4.5 I think had decent options, I got the stained glass one. V5 had good options, I got 'groovy' I think. And finally, my MusicStar, I didn't get to see the other options, the Walmart I went to only had 1 left (on clearance, just got it yesterday) and it's the blue one with a music equalizer design on it, looks pretty universal to me :D

yes, they are. i love the girl designs....well, some of them anyway. i think they should make more guys designs too because i like the boys designs too also. and im a female/tomboy.

THE DREADED PINK ISLE!!! I'm a girl.. actually I'm a woman - not even a teen anymore... <_< ; so going down the pink isle just seems weird. I always pretend like I have kids, or someone I know has kids since it's kinda that age level for me. But it's still really weird.

I actually miss the V3 and V4 days - it seemed they had a nice mix of guy and gurl designs. I actually have to say some of those years are my favorites since they seem to actually have put time into thinking out how each tama should look.

I think Bandai has just tried to push the best marketing since it apparently hasn't been to busy for them in the tama department - so they went directly to gurls cause they knew they would be the majority buying it... at least that's what I assume happened. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back