Are you a...duh duh duh...Christian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, no one can force you to believe it. It's your choice. Telling you about Christianity is not always 'shoving it down your throat' either. If they start to tell you about it and you don't want to hear it then kindly say 'no thanks'. They should respect your desicion.

Ok, so the temperature is rising- that alone doesn't make global warming a fact- only a theory of why it's happening. It could be a trend earth is going through. That is a theory also because we really don't know but looking on facts and other matters we can decide what we think it really is.

Find them? That wouldn't even make sense at all because we can't tell one person from another as of we don't know their DNA. So how could we even find them? I brought up the fossil record because if there are all these 'links' why can't we find any? We dig up dinos and mamals and such, but there's never been a 'man monkey' ir a slimeball with legs ever been found.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to accomplish TRUTH.

I am not trying to make people join a cult and kill themselfs, I am trying to show people the facts.

Aubrey, you have a very good point. However, we do have proof, that over three million years ago, there were just fish and bugs. So where did the fish and bugs come from? They came from goo.

We have PROOF that before there were creatures walking on earth, that there were creatures swimming in the waters on earth. And we're walking, right? So we must have come from fish, because they evolved first.

There are no fossil records of humans or any humanlike creatures from three million years ago +

So what, we just popped up?

https://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/precambrian/precambrian.html

It's called Science. It's one of the great gifts from God.

Just give me a picture- I don't want to have to search through a whole website about evolution and the like.

Are you talking about carbon dating the rocks or something? There's something screwed about that.

Problems with carbon dating:

"1) It assumes the atmospheric conditions (not to mention all conditions) on earth have always been exactly as they are today. The assumption is that this element has remained stable in every environment throughout earth's history

2) It sometimes produces weird dates. I was six years old when Mt. St. Helens erupted and covered our streets with volcanic ash. Carbon dating of that ash puts it at millions of years old.

Carbon dating needs to address the issues with the control factors surrounding the breakdown of carbon. Some of the control factors that would affect the breakdown cannot be accounted for due to a lack of data (such as atmospheric conditions and amount of other elements present)."

I had asked a women who KNOWS her science and about carbon dating. That's what she said.

Last edited by a moderator:
"An “explosion”?

The term “explosion” may be a bit of a misnomer. Cambrian life did not evolve in the blink of an eye. The Cambrian was preceded by many millions of years of evolution, and many of the animal phyla actually diverged during the Precambrian.

The animals of the Cambrian did not appear out of thin air. Animal fossils from before the Cambrian have been found. Roughly 575 million years ago, a strange group of animals known as Ediacarans lived in the oceans. Although, we don’t know much about the Ediacarans, the group may have included ancestors of the lineages that we identify from the Cambrian explosion. "

addierall, you're treading on thin ice here with your aggressive posts. Telling me to back off puts you on ice which is even thinner still. You really need to think about the arguments you're trying to create.

I love a good scientific debate. I'm always up for one. What really irks me is when a person acts like they want a discussion/debate, and later reveal that they are, in fact, only looking for an ego boost by bullying others into agreeing with their beliefs. That's not the way things work in the real world.

There is another thing that makes me question the validity of strict evolutionism. We know that there were pre-humans, such as Cro-Magnons and the vastly more popular Neanderthals, for example. We also know that well before these creatures came to be, there was a time in history where the Earth was inhabited by insects, and them amphibious creatures which later became some of the land mammals and marine mammals we know today. Clearly, these creatures have a direct evolutionary link, because we have fossil records proving this. BUT...we have no fossil records anywhere which proves that our evolutionary origins are the same as these quadrupedal creatures. How can we conclusively say from such a lack of evidence that those creatures were our ancestors. If not those creatures...where did we come from? Those amphibious creatures are essentially the origins of all mammalian species today. We are mammals. From where did we appear?? That question is certainly enjoyable to hypothesize, but impossible to answer as of yet. :eek:

im a christain and i go to church every sunday. i luv god even more than i love myself because he gave to me everything that i have 2day and will have in the future. he gave me my wonderful life and all the opprotunities i have ever had. Im so religious that in church, and remember that i am only 11, we were singing 'Openn The Eyes Of My Heart Lord' and i started crying because i felt him touch my heart! Thank u god!

I believe that Christianity is becoming a cult.
Not with everybody, but with the people who fear god's wrath, people who fear hell, fear 'sins', etc.

Watch the movie "Jesus Camp".

It will change your world.

I also believe, that religions are taking advantage of people. Children, mostly. They are being brainwashed into 'believing.'

What I believe in, is a higher power, it's called time and space. NOW. NOW NOW NOW. What is happening NOW is what's controlling us. We can't stop it. It is GOD!

Read The Electric Kool-Aide Acid Test.

That will also change your world.
ummmmmmmmmm................ Yah i am a christain and i don't think at all that it is becoming that!!!! But its okay if you think that everyone is different.... And about your siggy!!!! The ape thingy is a theory it isn't prooved to be true

Ok, no one can force you to believe it. It's your choice. Telling you about Christianity is not always 'shoving it down your throat' either. If they start to tell you about it and you don't want to hear it then kindly say 'no thanks'. They should respect your desicion.
Ok, so the temperature is rising- that alone doesn't make global warming a fact- only a theory of why it's happening. It could be a trend earth is going through. That is a theory also because we really don't know but looking on facts and other matters we can decide what we think it really is.

Find them? That wouldn't even make sense at all because we can't tell one person from another as of we don't know their DNA. So how could we even find them? I brought up the fossil record because if there are all these 'links' why can't we find any? We dig up dinos and mamals and such, but there's never been a 'man monkey' ir a slimeball with legs ever been found.
you are right

But what other explaination is there??? That we just poofed up out of nothing? It is only logical to believe in that theory, because what other theorys do we have??? What else, could possibly make sense? Please tell me that!

And let me say this for the one thousanth time, I am not looking for an ego boost, nor am I being hostile or aggressive. I am trying to prove a point! I'm sorry you don't want to think that we came from apes, there is so much evidence, our bone structure, what we eat, our thumbs etc etc etc I just want to know, where else could have have possibly came from?

I am a Catholic. I go to church every Sunday and I definitely don't believe it is a cult of any sort. It's you own choice. As for the people who shove it down your throat, they are clearly not very good religious people. Jesus did die for you, and so I give him the deserved almage. It's your choice, so don't go calling it a cult.

You know, just because you say you aren't being hostile or other doesn't mean that you aren't. I personally agree with most of your views, however the way you present them (and we should know this) is quite poor. Presentation is quite important if you want to get your point around.

People believed it was only logical that the earth was flat, or else we would fall off! That theory that the Earth was flat was accepted as fact. The theory that the sun revolved around the earth was accepted as fact. The Earth can't spin, why don't we feel it moving? These things weren't understood back then, so the same could be said easily for our modern life.

And what can you possibly say? That evolution is not a theory and a fact because it is accepted as one? There's more evidence? The evidence is more concrete? Or that we have no other "logical" options so that we are FORCED to believe in it? Do I hear a "shoving down our throats?"

You should be able to respect anyone's views if they wish to not accept a theory. This is basic tact. It seems like nobody has it anymore..

--

Moving on, I have food for thought just to pass around.

How do you see 'morals' given? I personally think they could have been developed over evolution, as seen by social animals. Once I debated this very subject with quite a rude close-minded debater, however I'd like to hear what you think.

I am not going to express my views on this subject.

I am going to go off-topic for a moment (with apologies).

Most of you know the site rules of TamaTalk pretty well, but don't forget to read, follow and stick to the Seriously (Non) TamaTalk rules.

Keep the discussion mature and sensible (and less aggressive) no matter what others decide to say or this topic will be closed (you know it...)

Once again, I'm not saying that there aren't other answers. Just tell me what they are! Where do you think we came from? Looking at this topic from a scientific point of view, if we didn't evolve from apes, where did we come from?

I guess it's just that in my mind, it doesn't make sense not to believe this theory; I can't think of anything better than this! I don't respect it because I don't get it: Where do you think we came from, and where's your evidence?

As far as the world being flat theory, they didn't know any better back then. They didn't have the technology (primitive or not) to prove the theories. This fact that we didn't have the knowlage back then that we do today is proof of evolution! The first successful digital computer, made in 1945, was as big as a room, didn't even have a screen but flip numbers, and could only do simply math based operations. In 2007, we have worked and worked and evolved and evolved and now, there are computers that fit in the palm of your hand, preforming millions of operations per second! That is evolution. That THIS came from the simple deisng of THAT.

Now think about that story, but use apes and humans. We have evolved from a previous version of human, a.k.a. the chimpanzee. We're simply monkey 3.0.

Please tell me a better explaination! A better theory!

https://www.geocities.com/palaeoanthropology/Aramidus.html

Consider this website. You can click on the arrow at the top-right to see the next page. It shows some of the hominiod (human-like) fossils we have found. If you go through them all, you can see that they eventually turn into a human. Little by little, we improve, just like technology.

GYEEAAHH!!! I don't understand that with all of this information, people still can't make the connection! Sure, we're missing ONE LITTLE BIT of evidence. But it's all right there!!!

Here is another interesting website https://www.becominghuman.org/

Here are recent discoveries in paleoanthropology (bones of humainoids, etc) https://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/recent.html

What other 'ideas and theories' are there? For starters- the creation theory. That something or someone had to create it. From the Christian standpoint it was God [God with a capital 'G' meanign 'I am what I am', Jehovah Jira, you get the point] who created everything- earth, gravity, time, air, all of it.

The chances of evolution

Why do we look the same? Could it be... the same creator?

So the find these bones- a tooth, an arm- and then they think they can just totaly tell what the skull looks like? How does that make any sense? If you recall there have been many 'links' that have turned out to be a fraud or scienctificaly incorrect anyways. One was discovered fake 20 years ago but yet they still have it in science books!

My evidence is 1) ruling out evolution because it goes against many things in science. It's alot of info but browse through some of this page- Ten Reasons Why Evolution is Wrong. That's some science for ya.

2) The Bible. You may say it's not right, or not 'scientifical' enough for you but I totaly believe ALL of it because if one part is wrong how can we believe all of it isn't. It's not some scam or a personal boost for someone [which I can discuss later if wanted but that would take a little bit because there's evidence in the credibility of the Bible too]. So I believe God created the world in 6 real, 24 hour days and rested on the 7th.

About getting smarter- personaly I think we are getting dumber. Just look at us- we could barely live without technology. It's not us evolving, it's us building on it.

Wheew, sorry for the long post but there's lots to cover. :]

As far as I know, I'm Christian, although I do not go to church. I don't think it's needed, and I'm not one of those people who forces it upon others. (My friend has done that to me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back