Are you emo?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this poll is either 'YAY!! I'm an emo' or 'Grr I'm an emo' or 'Ewww I nevrr want to be an emo' or simply 'I don't know what an emo is' So either you like emos and are one or you hate them. Its not really that nice

arghhhhhh emo means emotional doesnt mean depressed or any of that crap yes im emotional but no im not emo just because i occasionally cry and like black as my fav. color :D

Eh, I wouldnt classify myself as 'emo'.

Yes, I listen to generally 'emo' music, and I have a sidebang [as most teenagers do nowadays]

I wear black, and I wear skinny jeans, and converse. I do get depressed and upset alot, but Im happy alot to.

People call me 'scene' Well, what IS scene? Isnt scene and emo technically the same thing?

No, I don't cut myself.

Classifying people into being emo or goth or scene is tough. So just don't bother, and sometime's it's kind of hurtful to be called an emo.

[Emo Kids Have Cool hair <3]

No I am not emo (in the looks, I guess you would call it)

I like some scremo punk music, so yus, I do like emo music,

No, I'm not emo. I don't act like an emo, or listen to emo music. I don't really look like one either. Sure, I wear eyeliner, but it's just a little, and my style definitely couldn't be classified as 'emo'. My personality is also a little too happy and bubbly to be called emo, but I do have a lot of pretty deep thoughts and I think, on some people, the scene look is cool. And I would never even consider cutting myself. I just don't see how scars on your body are going to make you feel any better or more confident. You'll just feel like an official depressionist (only I don't think that's a word). What is 'emo' anyway? A type of music?? A style? Are you an emo if you cut yourself or wear black too much? Emo stands for 'emotionally disturbed' (me thinks) so I guess it would be a ton of different categories; particularly depression.

Ah well. I'm not an emo.

o.o;; There aren't many emo people here. x3 I think that's normal. I ish not emo. o.o I made a fatal (yes fatal) attempt to be emo once.. Didn't work out to well.. >.> As soon as I'd tried to be emo, it'd backfire and I would end up running around in circles with a strawberry lolliipop in meh mouth. :3 I think emo people are totally awesome. x3 I pity them and all, for hating life. Personally, I hate life on Monday mornings.... In which case I take it out on the locker.. In other words..

*Monday morning*

*Slams head against locker*

"WHY DO I BOOTHER LIVVING?!"

*Friend walks by and also slams head on locker*

"Areen't you afraid of kiilllliiing those irreplacable brraaain cells?!"

*Incoherent mumbling* "Too llaaaate"

All in all, I really don't like to admit it. But I find emo people cute. >.> I mean, between the blank eyes and sidebangs.... xDD *coughs* Of topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emo is NOT a cheap rip-off of Goth, it is actually an offshoot of punk music, and then the styles worn by emo bands because its own style, called emo. Look in Hot Topic and you'll see a lot of emo-style clothing, like girl-cut pants for guys.

Personally, I hate labels. I'm one of those people who isn't stuck in any single style. I like black and bright colors, girly and hardcore, all sorts of things. but I do like emo hair!

I didn't know it was possible to be a type of music .-.

Emo isn't a type of person, it's a stupid label. Emo is really just a type of music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I wouldnt classify myself as 'emo'.Yes, I listen to generally 'emo' music, and I have a sidebang [as most teenagers do nowadays]

I wear black, and I wear skinny jeans, and converse. I do get depressed and upset alot, but Im happy alot to.

People call me 'scene' Well, what IS scene? Isnt scene and emo technically the same thing?

No, I don't cut myself.

Classifying people into being emo or goth or scene is tough. So just don't bother, and sometime's it's kind of hurtful to be called an emo.

[Emo Kids Have Cool hair <3]
Eh.

There's "Scene Scene" + "Emo Scene".

I seriously don't know the difference. Dx -lolfail-

I don't know, but if ANYONE is hurting themselves, they should g to a doctor. Hurting yourself is NOT THE ANSWER. Nor is it cool. >=[

The things that are bolded are not emo.

I personally think emo is a attention stereotype. xP

I'm happy I'm not a emo kid. That wouldn't suit me. [i'm a Jazz Kid yo. xD]

Plus, I like life, and I wouldn't hurt myself to be something.. [Not saying ALL "emos" cut themselves.. Just sayin.]

First off, I hate labels.

but Emo, to me, is the same thing as Poser, which is the only label I use.

Emos have a bunch of money and spend it all on expesive shoes, haircuts, makeup, nailpolish, popular music, and tight clothing, they whine about being middle class, and they get avarage grades.

They dont work for their money, their parents supply it, through gifts and allowance. If they cut its more like catscratch and they show it off, weather or not the people seeing it know. If your freaking depressed, kill yourself and get it over with.

Their music is mainstream. And they all pretend to be gay and hang all over each other but in real life would never bang someone of their own gender. And they talk about piercings but are terrified to get one that would stand out from the rest- snakebites and little studs ont he nost are good enough, but so help me god if someone has a bridge piercing were going to say how gross it is and how we would never do that.

"If you want to scream about rebellion, you dont write it on your wrist, you tattoo it across your face."

You think your emo, or you think I have it wrong? Tough. This is what I see.

Dont give me crap about 'you dont know what goes on in their life, they probably have it worse off then you, blah blah."

Some of these kids who consider themselves or try to make others believe their emo, I know how they have it at home. Like, ive seen it, through siblings or friends/friends or whatever. Their all fine and well. They get fed three meals everyday- they dont have to pay for their own lunch. They dont get abused. I have never seen one with a single bruise on them, and I have gym with a good portion of the kids who pull this BS on us.

Sceane is not emo. They have just as much money but they dont pretend, and they know what their doing. Its a lifestyle.

sure i guess im emo thats what i get called a lot but its a stupid name emo means emotional which is just like bein sad idk i guess dreppressed is a better word lol i dont knows anymore :wacko:

I don't mind stereotypes like 'athletic' and 'girly' and stuff like that so much... but I don't relly like 'emo' the way youmade it sound in this topic...I don't think that your options should all be about emos being bad. :mellow:

but... no, I don't think I'm 'emo'. I can be emotional.. but no more than the next person. (btw, I didn't vote, because I didn't want to vote 'no way!')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back