Are you emo?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Labels pi** me off. My school is full of soo many stupid people. I'm actually surprised they know all the labels in the book and of course the stereotypes that come along with 'em. O;

Most people label me Emo or Goth. Personally I don't consider myself emo. I may have some serious issues.

But labels are just so overrated. And the kids who do call themselves 'emo' seriously get on my nerves. They were all mean to me anyway. >:l

Nah I don't like emo or emos since anyone that calls them self an emo isn't really an emo..pretty twisted logic

But if you want to get into labelling I'm an old school punk, The way my parents raised me I guess with my mohawk and what not.

EDIT: Had a grammar fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nono. I dun like emo music, or "emo kids", 'cause they KILLED ALTERNATIVE METAL.

anyways, no. I'm rather girly and giggly.

'Scene' is apparently the new pink in my school. [ignore that bad joke, plz.]

People in my school just.. Bother me. They seem so proud of themselves for setting foot in Hot Topic to buy a Twilight shirt and call themselves "hardcore". x.o

I do get called emo because I wear heavier eyeliner, listen to what they consider emo music, and wear band tee's. And, not only that, but I also have a few issues of my own that seemed to just spread around the school. I suppose it may have been me threatening to bury Nicole while without pills for a week and a half. Not quite sure, ha..

No no no.

It's really bad, cuz apparently my friend is an 'emo'. She wears converse shoes, hoodies and skinny jeans. And apparently, no one else is allowed to do that or else they'd be considered tryhards. Kids are stupid sometimes...

But, I don't like anything to do with 'emo'.

I once had a dream about 'MySpace' becoming a label! Lol, ''You're like, so totally MySpace!''.

Tasha and I both get called emo more often than most because we're the only two in the school that have piercings. e.e

Emo isn't a person. It's a type of music. It's screamo with very depression lyrics. When used improperly it is used to show someone who cuts themselves but person wise it is someone who is over emotional and very sensitive. Emo being short for emotional

Even if people decide to label me, (which is stupid and unfair) no.. I would definetely not be an 'emo.'

I'd be more tomboy.

But if people call you an emo/or your friend, don't worry, they're just dumb and too caught up in what other people think.

i dont believe in emo.

i think of emo as wanabe greasy kids who sheild one eye with thick hair and wear black.

but that's not always the case. that's why i hate labelling.

Goth is more hardcore, but I haven't seen a real goth in years.

that's why i hate labelling.

Scene is like a kind of girly, cleaner, more stylish emo.

and mostly people mix it highly with either preppiness or emoness.

that's why i hate labelling. you're never one specific thing.

so yeah. if I was to be defined, even though I hate labelling,

i'd be a prep. but I try to steer torwards scenishness, it all ends up back at preppiness.

which is stupid. because im not. that's why i HATE LABELLING.

I'm like a punksceneemoprepgirlyneonwearinglittlekidlookingpreteenkid.

so..

I hover between labels. maaaany labels. that's why i hate them. because they don't exist. 8D

because since labels have been morphed they don't really exist.

---------------------------

sorry for my confusing words. I'll some it all up with an example.

a kid walked passed me in school and yelled, " EMO!! "

and I stopped and said, " What's an emo? Can you tell me? "

and he looked at me and like, made a weird face and walked away.

seriously, could anyone define it if it never really existed as one specific thing?

UHHHHH sorry.

I'll stop now.

I really would say not one of the poll options describe me. I consider at time, I am rather "emo" at other times, I'm not. It entirely depends on my mood. I'm not labeled as Emo but I can surely act that way at times.

Eh, No. Unless being weird all the time and scaring little kids in the morning is called emo, then Yes! You should see the look on their faces when we start dancing, making weird noises, acting stupid, or we make them think we are going to kill them. ;D So funny..Hehe.

But no, Im not emo. ;)

If anything I am Goth. The problem with the whole emo thing is that a lot of people automatically associate depression with emo. For instance, my freshman year of high school I was very depressed at times. I'd feel the need to sit by myself sometimes and this would lead the other kids to say, "Oh come on! Don't be emo!" So I think many people have the wrong idea about emo, just as many people have the wrong idea about Goth and punk and so many other things. So what do you define as being "emo"? What are the guidelines? To what extent does the depression go? These are all questions that need to be answered before anyone answers; one could think he/she is emo merely because they are depressed. Well that's what I think.

-Shrugs- emo is a label.

I've been called emo.

I have naturally black hair, always wear black.

I'm depressed a lot >.>

But as I said, emo is just a label that people use when they don't understand someone..

[SIZE=7pt]I wear converse, skinnies, hoodies, graphic tshirts, dark eyeliner, have side swept bangs, listen to emo music, and I'm not considered emo at all, actually at my school I'm more of a prep, in some weird twisted way. :S[/SIZE]

Stereo Types. Tsk.

As for the question, no.

I hardly wear dark clothing anymore, except for my black beaded necklace.

I don't go to extremes and cut myself, I just talk things out with the people I'm mad at.

I wear skinny jeans, and eyeliner on occasion. Nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and proud of it

Yes *growls*

No way!

What's emo?

The poll options.

Wheres the just 'no' option? You make it sound as if even considering being 'emo' is bad with your 'No way!' option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back