Are you gay or lesbian?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a very good point, but if you read on here, some people are miserable from being bullied because of their sexual orientation. I don't think they would pick this willingly.BUT I do agree that who you pick to love isn't pounded into your DNA.

I'm on the fence with this one.
It is a hard-to-tell matter, especialy when people who are actualy GLBT also have varying opinions.

This is where the influence comes in. I am way less influenced to be romaticly attracted to the same sex than someone who was sexualy abused by a man sometime in their life. If I feared men I may decide to be lesbian. Or maybe I was curious, went out with a girl and decided that I liked being homosexual than heterosexual. Cetch my drift?

I do have one question for those who think it's genetics. Why would we have male/female parts in which both are needed to create new life and at the same time be attracted to the same sex if it's not a choice? I realize not everyone wants to have kids but then why didn't evolution or God or whoever/whatever you think create us in which we all can intermix and multiply? That doesn't click with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.2 million? Out of 3 billion? Under 10% of people in the U.S. are gay/lesbian/bi/ect. - that's not a huge amount if you ask me. o.o;
I've said this so many times it's getting old. I am NOT homophobic. I am NOT afraid of you, I am not afraid of my friend's lesbian parents, I am NOT afraid of that Criss Crocker dude or anyone else who is anything but straight just because of their sexual preference.

Look, I just can't believe it's something you are born into. There's not hard core scientific proof. If there is actualy undisputable proof, really, give me a well known, respected link to an actual undisputable website.

If you feel more comfortable with it, fine. I'll respect your choice but you can't bend me and tell me I have to believe it's pounded into your DNA just because that's the way 'everyone' else thinks.
I was once called a homophobe on another site because of something...

It was something about SpongeBob being gay so I kept saying that he's not gay. And someone kept calling me a homophobe. :huh:

I am not one. In fact, if there were no gay guys in the world, we'd be in fashion-less clothes.

I strongly believe I am Bi-Sexual or Lesbian. I am unsure. Meh :huh:

I don't get what is so wrong with Gay's. They believe in what they want. If God didn't want Gay's, he would have made everyone straught

I do have one question for those who think it's genetics. Why would we have male/female parts in which both are needed to create new life and at the same time be attracted to the same sex if it's not a choice? I realize not everyone wants to have kids but then why didn't evolution or God or whoever/whatever you think create us in which we all can intermix and multiply? That doesn't click with me.
Good point, very good accually.

But maybe (this is a long shot) some people were just destined to have same sex relationships and not have kids. Maybe these were the people that God designed to help needy kids, because these are most likely the kinds of people that would adopt, get what I'm saying?

If a straight couple is able to have their own children, they most likely will. They might adopt yes, but it's mostly the couples who can't have their own children, like gays/lesbians.

I believe God has a destiny for all of us, or maybe He wants us to decide on our own which relationships we choose to have, no matter what gender.

[sucky reply, it's late. XD]

Yes, I agree. I was trying to explain to one of my friends why it wasn't exactally

'natural' (by natural I mean like how we were originally supposed to be, like the cavemen) to be homosexual (there's nothing bad about it, I just don't think it was the way were were originally designed), and I brought up the point about the reason that we were originally supposed to love people was so we could have children. She (and the other kids on my bus) appearently didn't understand, and said "Yeah, well gay people can adopt kids!" I'm just really bad at explaining my thoughts. Being homosexual isn't a genetic thing (it's not because theres something wrong or different with your DNA. If it was, the gay people who had children would have gay children (like the one's who don't adopt, but actually have biological children), but studies show that most of homosexual people's kids aren't gay), it's more of something that is caused by the way your mind works.

Yeah same here....Sometimes I feel bad about it :(

But anyways if I tell my friends they'll pick on me forever even in college if we go to the same college...
Well they aren't very good friends now are they? I don't know if it's a trendy thing these days for best friends to bother one friend about their sexual preference. Supporting them and accepting them makes more sense to me...

Well they aren't very good friends now are they? I don't know if it's a trendy thing these days for best friends to bother one friend about their sexual preference. Supporting them and accepting them makes more sense to me...
Yeah...

Only a few of my friends accept it and they don't make a big deal out of it....

Why won't some of them accept that I grew with that?

I'm kinda sad but sometimes I'm happy knowing that I am bisexual :lol:

I am straight. But a fair few of my friends could be gay/lesbian, and i would have a big problem if anyone said anything about that to them.

*BaBi*

I am straight. But a fair few of my friends could be gay/lesbian, and i would have a big problem if anyone said anything about that to them.
*BaBi*
I have a friend that is Gay he is an eigth grader....

Some other kids make fun of him and stuff....

I don't really care that my friend is gay because he is my friend.....

I identify as bisexual, and I am happily with a male partner. I do believe it is the way I have always been and not that something changed somewhere along the way when I decided I was attracted to women as well. For all of you out there who are afraid of being this way, don't be. Embrace it. Tell whom you need to but don't ever be afraid or ashamed.

I went to the pride parade this year as I usually do and I wore a sticker that said 'Bi'. Most people had a sticker that identified them somehow, and I chose the one that suited me. Sadly, while I was walking around enjoying my evening I was called out by a group of young women who all had 'lesbian' stickers. Even in the gay community bisexuals are not necessairily accepted by all. But dont let that scare you. There are many people who identify as bisexual. In fact there is a thoery that says that no one is 100% straight. Makes you think, doesn't it? (not you, tamaw/pants, we already know what you think)

Anyway, thats me. :mellow:

Good point, very good accually.
But maybe (this is a long shot) some people were just destined to have same sex relationships and not have kids. Maybe these were the people that God designed to help needy kids, because these are most likely the kinds of people that would adopt, get what I'm saying?

If a straight couple is able to have their own children, they most likely will. They might adopt yes, but it's mostly the couples who can't have their own children, like gays/lesbians.

I believe God has a destiny for all of us, or maybe He wants us to decide on our own which relationships we choose to have, no matter what gender.

[sucky reply, it's late. XD]
Sure but then why did He SPECIFICALY say not too? If that's not how He planned it to be and He stated it wasn't, why would He ever destin or have that as their plan?

Very well explained fluffums. Could have said it better myself. If it was genetic, I think there would be alot more GLB people.

In fact there is a thoery that says that no one is 100% straight. Makes you think, doesn't it?
Actualy it does make me think. None of us are perfectly anything really. We all have human nature and nothing can be truely pure. I mean, everyone lies at time- some more so than others-, everyone covets, everyone does this or that and nothing is truely perfect.

But then again, that's just human nature and I wouldn't label myself as bysexual because I've never felt that same kind of feeling.

See, I don't know! It does make me think.

I am not sure how anyone can use the Bible as proof that homosexuality is wrong. The Bible isnt history or law. Some people believe what it says and some people don't. It doesn't make anything in it correct.

I am not sure how anyone can use the Bible as proof that homosexuality is wrong. The Bible isnt history or law. Some people believe what it says and some people don't. It doesn't make anything in it correct.
Well if I believe that God created things a certain way and I believe the Bible is God's word then I think it's wrong.

It's not so much the physical book the Bible, but God's word on the matter.

Well if I believe that God created things a certain way and I believe the Bible is God's word then I think it's wrong.
It's not so much the physical book the Bible, but God's word on the matter.
I think that maybe when God was writing the bible, he thought that there shouldn't be same sex relationships, but, not long ago, when looking down on the world, he thought "Maybe some people don'tl ike being with the opposite sex, I wonder if they'd like to be with their own sex." And made it that way, but maybe he just wants to experiment, or maybe there's someone else making it like that... I don't know, but I'm sure that this is all part of Gods plan.

1.2 million? Out of 3 billion? Under 10% of people in the U.S. are gay/lesbian/bi/ect. - that's not a huge amount if you ask me. o.o;
I've said this so many times it's getting old. I am NOT homophobic. I am NOT afraid of you, I am not afraid of my friend's lesbian parents, I am NOT afraid of that Criss Crocker dude or anyone else who is anything but straight just because of their sexual preference.

Look, I just can't believe it's something you are born into. There's not hard core scientific proof. If there is actualy undisputable proof, really, give me a well known, respected link to an actual undisputable website.

If you feel more comfortable with it, fine. I'll respect your choice but you can't bend me and tell me I have to believe it's pounded into your DNA just because that's the way 'everyone' else thinks.
'Scuse. Under 10% living together There are many many more couples than just the ones livind together. I see, in my eyes, that thogh I have sinned, being proud of my same-sex orientaition is not a sin. No offence, but, to tell the truth, I don't think God could care less if the person I love most in the world has the same genitalia as me. It's just that much more love in the world if you ask me, that much less hate. You don't have to accept it, and I won't try to make you. However, my lover and I, we are still homo sapiens. We still feel. This is not to different from how we treated black people, not so long ago. We deserve the same treatment as heterosexual people because we are equal. Never 'better', just equal. Tell me what you feel when you look into the eyyes of someone you love more than any other worldly being. That is how I feel when I look into her eyes.

I identify as bisexual, and I am happily with a male partner. I do believe it is the way I have always been and not that something changed somewhere along the way when I decided I was attracted to women as well. For all of you out there who are afraid of being this way, don't be. Embrace it. Tell whom you need to but don't ever be afraid or ashamed. I went to the pride parade this year as I usually do and I wore a sticker that said 'Bi'. Most people had a sticker that identified them somehow, and I chose the one that suited me. Sadly, while I was walking around enjoying my evening I was called out by a group of young women who all had 'lesbian' stickers. Even in the gay community bisexuals are not necessairily accepted by all. But dont let that scare you. There are many people who identify as bisexual. In fact there is a thoery that says that no one is 100% straight. Makes you think, doesn't it? (not you, tamaw/pants, we already know what you think)

Anyway, thats me. -_-
True if you go to a gay or lesbian community or if you are a bisexual you won't be accepted sometimes in that community....

..... If it was genetic, I think there would be alot more GLB people.
I don't think anyone can discount the possibility that it might be genetic just because there aren't a lot more GLB people in the world ... :D

Just think, there are plenty of genetic traits that exist in small percentages... doesn't mean they don't have a statistical value of fact... take the condition Downs Syndrome for example... there aren't lots of people ... but they do exist... take cancer sufferers ... they're in the minority too... I'm sure we could all come up with plenty of examples given the time and inclination to search for them.

It's kind of interesting that those of us with a strong faith in God believe without scientific proof in his existence yet need scientific proof that Homosexuality is genetic.

After all, as an example, the Bible is the word of God written and interpreted by men (a long time ago). There have been plenty of different subsequent editions and variations of the word (depending on which denomination you are).

How do any of us know that God's word was interpreted correctly and not assimulated into the sexual prejudices of the time of writing?

We don't... we have no proof, but we have belief...

Likewise, personally, I believe that Homosexuality is sometimes genetic and sometimes personal choice (depends on the person) *shrugs*

'Scuse. Under 10% living together There are many many more couples than just the ones livind together. I see, in my eyes, that thogh I have sinned, being proud of my same-sex orientaition is not a sin. No offence, but, to tell the truth, I don't think God could care less if the person I love most in the world has the same genitalia as me. It's just that much more love in the world if you ask me, that much less hate. You don't have to accept it, and I won't try to make you. However, my lover and I, we are still homo sapiens. We still feel. This is not to different from how we treated black people, not so long ago. We deserve the same treatment as heterosexual people because we are equal. Never 'better', just equal. Tell me what you feel when you look into the eyyes of someone you love more than any other worldly being. That is how I feel when I look into her eyes.
Woah, where did I ever say just living together? Just about 10% in the U.S. would classify themselves as GLB.

I feel like a broken record- I am not treating you any different, I'm not treating any of my gay friends different, I would never treat anyone different because of their sexuality, I would never not hire someone because they were gay. I'm not better than you, you aren't better than me, we're equal. We're ALL equal. I never said ANYTHING of that sort of 'You're gay!?1 You deserve to rot!111'.

I'm not discriminating against you only telling you I don't agree on the whole essence of it. If it was just like skin or eye color, I would not find it wrong, but it isn't. And even though it isn't, I still am not treating you like some white people treated other races during the slave era.

You can do what you want with your lif- I can't stop you. And I won't look down on you becauase of it. I'm just saying I don't especialy agree with it.

@TM- Good point. I didn't think about that. xP

Well, I think the Bible was God-breathed, not so much interpreted. Only 2% of the words are actualy disputed of the different translations and they are words such as the or are that don't make the sentence any different.

Well you can't just go out conduct an expirement that God is real. There are scientific/logical findings that do point to a creator, though. A great book to read about the reality/truth in Christianity is "The Case for Christ" [i think by Lee Strobel but don't quote me on that]. He sets out to prove Christianity wrong like in a court case. He finds he can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back