As someone who prefers tamagotchis, should I still buy a furby boom?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzledpanda

Reaction score
I really like tamagotchis and other keychain/handheld virtual pets. They are small and portable, and change/evolve over time.

Furby boom is the exact opposite of those things (unless you count the personality changes as an "evolution"). And yet...I want one. :p After watching some videos on youtube and stuff it looks really cool. Especially with the app. And I was in Target the other day and saw some furby booms on the clearance shelf.

But the worry I always have with robotic type virtual pets is that I'll get bored of it quickly, and it will end up sitting in my room not being used. That has kept me from buying furbies in the past (that, and the old animatronic eyes used to scare me).

So, for those of you here who tend to prefer tamagotchis and other keychain virtual pets, do you think your furby boom was worth the money? How often do you wake it up to play with it? Also, have you had any problems with the toy and/or the app?

You can still buy a Furby if you prefer Tamagotchis.

I have a few Furbies, I don't use them much... they're still fun though, and it's amusing to hear them talk. I mostly like it when they talk to eachother. ^^ But other than that, I don't find them entertaining in the same way as Tamagotchis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some originals, babies, a funky furby, 2012s, a party rocker, baby booms and booms... So ya. I would recommend them. I love them. They keep me company sometimes when I am out of tama batteries. They don't need the app, but it adds perks.

I had a furby boom, and using the app I named her "Noo-Tah" Which means "Icy Dream" in furbish, a language they sometimes speak.

But she broke in a week (Sadly) so I traded her for Tomodachi life (3DS game I am currently hooked on).

I recommend it! They are nice to have around and you can talk to them! Hasbro has tips to get personalities on the site, so no need to worry.

There's even the dictionary for furbish that you can download! ^_^
Hope I helped!

Well I don't have a Furby Boom but I have a Furby 2012 and a Furby Party rocker the app is pretty fun you can feed it different food and find out what its saying to you but Tamagotchis have more features in them and more easier to take with you on the run XD besides I got bored of it after a year ouo; Furbies are pretty fun though ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments everyone! It was helpful to hear the opinions of people who like virtual pets, since of course all of the reviews I read on amazon and other places were from parents buying furbies for their kids. :p So it's a bit different.

I think I'm going to get a furby boom! Yeah it's pretty different from tamagotchis, but I think I'd actually like a change. If I do get bored of it really quickly...well at least I'm going to be buying it when it's on clearance. :D

Furby Boom is more funny than the first one of the new batch! I've got it yesterday! Cute and cool!

b0b3c8fc-b101-4872-8e87-b9f6522c5101.jpg

Hi Puzzlepanda, like tamas in b/w you can take clear pics of furby with sun light in front of him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back