Average life span of Tamagotchi P2?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamshines

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Quick question about the life span of my Tamagotchi - how many days will the Tamagotchi P2 character last until it decides to "fly away"? Right now my Tamagotchi is a Zuccitchi. Thanks for the help!

In my experience with the P1s, which I believe have identical care programming to the P2s, you get to the eighteen day mark and they start to become a pain to look after. When I'm working all day, the P1s never make it much further than twenty days/years. So you're taking about two/two-and-a-half weeks in realtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. I was curious because I'm starting some large projects here at work and don't know if I'll have time to look after my P2. I suppose feeding and playing a quick game or two isn't too time intensive!

You're fine for the first two weeks, but after that it starts getting a bit silly when you're working. The biggest risk at work is missing discipline calls, which I somehow managed to catch all four times last time I had a P1 running.

The P1/P2s become extremely difficult and needy when they get older, especially after the 2ish week mark. This also depends on your character. If you get Mimitchi, for example, he will live longer than say, a “unhealthy” character such as Kusatchi.

As a side note, you mentioned you have Zukitchi. You therefore have the ability to evolve into the secret character, and this might increase the length of the life of your Tamagotchi (although I do not remember exactly off by heart, been a while since I got the secret character - but I would assume so).

See here: https://www.mimitchi.com/html/tamatip.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm interesting. So far this is turning out to be a very interesting experience since playing with it 13 years ago!

I switched the clock ahead as he wasn't falling asleep until 11 pm - I'm in bed by that time. I'm curious if he will turn into a secret character now! Thanks for the update!

The secret characters do have a longer lifespan and a later bedtime. It's been so long since I got one of the secret characters though that I forget how needy they are and when they start to become a pain.

I kinda wish that the secret characters were available to more than one branch of the evolutionary tree.

If I remember correctly I think Zachi the secret character lives to 80yr.
I wonder if anyone has ever logged this because I'm a bit skeptical of that. I have gotten Zachi before and though he did live a bit longer, as jappyx has mentioned, he still departed around the 2-3 week mark. Vintages aren't like Connections, which don't die of old age. The typical lifespan of a vintage Tamagotchi is about 2 weeks. They can live on after that, especially into their 20s but they get SUPER needy. I can't imagine raising one past its 20s without it beeping every 5 minutes or so because all the happiness and hunger hearts are empty. Kudos to those who have! The highest I've ever gotten my P2 was about 26 years. It probably would have been older had I not paused it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back