Avril Lavigne a thief?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's Tina!

Reaction score
Avril Lavigne is being sued by the Rubinoos, they say that her song "Girlfriend" was stolen from their song "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend". Can you believe that???

I got it off of this website [ it's 2nd to last ] :

www.thesuperficial.com

P.S. When you click the link there is other celebrity news, most of the news is 13+. Just warning you.

I know I've heard about that too. But all she really copied was the 'hey hey you you' part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyya

Yeah she is sorta but not really one

If you go on that website and compare the song Avril has only coped,"Hey hey you you I want to be your girlfriend" andthe other people say"Hey hey you you I want to be your boyfriend"

Aswel it don't 'really' matter because I went to a diiferent dancing school from mine and I learnt some move and I wanted to do them in the Talent quest,so my bestie came up and said you can't do those moves because I moved away from your dance school

So... if you get my point it was one a school of words and I only done a few steps, so it dosn't reall matter i you get what I mean!

I hoped I told well!

Kind Reagards

Codebreaker :D

But alot of people do that. Like the Cheetah Girls. They stole the song "Cinderella" from Play. They just made some changes to it.

I heard about that on the radio! Although, I must admit that the Avril Lavigne version is better ;)

~Aqua3557~

J.Lo has gotten in trouble because of this before.

More than once actually. I think the most famous one is her getting

sued for copying (I think the movie FlashDance) and she added scenes on it

from the movie, but filled it in with her...Well, I've never even heard of the Rubinoos,

and they probably don't even matter. Avril will more than likely win the case if she hasen't been

sued already.

Avril Lavigne is being sued by the Rubinoos, they say that her song "Girlfriend" was stolen from their song "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend". Can you believe that???
I got it off of this website [ it's 2nd to last ] :

www.thesuperficial.com

P.S. When you click the link there is other celebrity news, most of the news is 13+. Just warning you.
Actually yes, I can believe it. Really though, music and licks are stolen all the time. Pop music is so simple that musically it's all quite similar; it's hard to be original while making a tune that appeals to the masses. Listen to Nickelback (actually don't; they are one of the worst bands I've ever been forced to listen to). ALL THEIR SONGS SOUND THE SAME. It happens all the time, but some people get all bent up about it. I guess this is one of those times.

Latest posts

Back