Awesome Places you've traveled!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kk445

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is a topic like this.. anyway, I was wondering what places you guys have traveled to, or places you would like to travel to in the future.

I was inspired to make this topic because I am currently saving up for a trip to Rome during winter break next year. I'm super duper excited, since my entire family lives in Italy. It's been a dream to go there for years. It's a trip with my schools AP history teacher, so going with my friends will make the trip just completely awesome xD (I live in the U.S., btw.)

The only cool place i've been was Niagara Falls to be honest. I went there on a roadtrip. It's kinda lame if I look back at it now. xD In the future, I'd like to go to Australia, and other places in Europe.

How about you guys?

I think the best place I've been to so far was Tunisia in Africa, but it's my dream to visit these two places before I settle down:

machupicchu.png

Machu Picchu in Peru. I think this is the most beautiful place I've ever seen! I'd love to see it with my own eyes, rather than on a TV screen though!

ankgorwat.png

Ankgor Wat in Cambodia. It gives me the shivers for some reason, but I really want to go there! Besides, it was in the Jungle Book :p This is reason enough to want to go :p

Last year I went to Japan and fell in love with it. The most amazing place ever <3. I went to Tokyo and Hiroshima. I really want money so I can go back to Tokyo and stay there for a long time. There was just something about it that I loved.

I’ve also been to a lot of places in America, my favourite being New York - was so cool, but it was almost 10 years ago that I went :eek: feels so long ago xD. I would also love to go back.

Places I’d love to go: Pretty much everywhere. :D Also planet Pandora would be nice :p .

Oh gosh, where to start? 8D

Country wise, I've been to Italy ( Rome ! You'll love Rome ^_^ ), Jordan, and London.

On a smaller scale, I've been to Niagara Falls, the Pisa Tower, Naples, Capri, Petra, Jerash, and Aqaba.. Just to name a few. :)

I would have gotten to visit France, India, and Cyprus, but I wasn't around back then. I wasn't even born ! xD

My dream place though, is to visit Germany ( my dad's cousin lives there :) ), Romania, or Japan.

I wouldn't mind revisiting Italy either. ^_^

Kenya and Egypt.

You know when you see them on TV and you're like 'Wow. That's cool.' It's more amazing than you can imagine. In Kenya you just couldn't believe you were there. There were Zebras and Giraffes right in front of your face and lions stalking wilderbeast that have strayed from the migration. It was just unbelievable. And standing by the pyramids was just.... undescribable. How the Ancient Egyptians built them are just incredible. I loved them both equally and I might even be going back to Egypt soon! Yay!

Cool places I've been to are the Turks and Caicos Islands, Holland, and Ottawa. I love Ottawa (especially downtown Ottawa) and its architecture.

Places I would like to go are Belgium, British Columbia, and Spain.

This year the junior band's going to Washington DC, and I can't wait :D

Every summer, I go to New York City for a day or two. It is amazing and a great place to visit. :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Iceland<3 Aww, that place is love.

I live at the bottom of the world. THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE WORLD. Anyway I don't need to even leave Dunedin to see awesome places.

I've never been out of the country or anywhere really exciting. I've been to Disney World in Florida though! :D

I've been planning/saving since I was in like ninth grade to go to Japan my senior year... which is next year! I'm going with some of my closest friends that I met in elementary school, so it will be amazing to be able to spend nine days with them right before we all go our separate ways. And I'll be in my fourth year of studying Japanese then, so I'll be almost fluent and able to practice what I've learned in the real world :) I have to pay for the majority of it (It's around $3,400), which I have about $700-$800 saved up now. I'm getting my licence in March, so then I'll be able to get a job to pay for the rest of what I can. My parents said they'd pay some as my "senior gift," but my sacrifice is that I'm going to be stretched thin when I start college... but I figured that I'm going to be stretched thin as it is, and this could be a once in a life time deal.

Anyway, it's obvious that I'm pretty excited!

I'm also in Latin and they're going to Italy this summer, but it's over $4,000 dollars and I can't afford it. I'd love to go though. (Oh, and on another note, have fun with AP History! I'm in AP American History this year and it is easily one of the most intense classes I've ever taken. The work load is RIDICULOUS.)

My friends may not be going to Rome with me, because they cant afford it.. But as long as I have my camera, i'll be pretty content going with just myself and a bunch of others. It's about $2800 (without costs of food and stuff) and there's only a year to raise it. And since We are 15, getting a job is kind-of an issue. My parents offered to help pay for my trip, but my friends weren't so lucky.

I have never been out of the US, but I have roadtripped aLOT during the past year. I live in Kansas.

During one trip, I drove through: Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and back to Kansas.

On my mega trip I drove: Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida. Stayed in Daytona Beach on the actual beach! Then we drove from Florida through Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, and back to Kansas. That took a week. *-*

I've also roadtripped to Texas for a weekend, To Omaha, Nebraska a few times, and Des Moines, Iowa a few times.

Previously, I've spent quite a bit of time in California, too, but I've always flown out to there.

Places I'd love to go are: Tibet, Mongolia, China, Australia, India, Nepal, Japan, Africa(anywhere), and Iceland.

Well.

I've been various places over Australia.

And a few overseas too.

In 2008 I went to Russia, and saw all my cousins and uncles and aunties for the first time in my whole life. The experience was indescribable. It was also a gorgeous place in the country-side, and the city wasn't overly shabby either. I loved it.

Although I think the best and most enjoyable place I've ever traveled to was probably New Zealand. I went there earlier this year, and we didn't go to too many places, but from what I saw it was absolutely amazing. I'm definitely going back there one day, and I'd love to explore the North Island a bit since last time we went to the South Island :3 I literally fell in love with that place. I'd live there if I could.

Well, I've never been overseas, but someday I would like to visit Italy, though I'd need to learn Italian first. xD It looks such a nice place. ^^ Telling my parents this would probably surprise them, because they would most likely assume I would want to go to Japan the most(Though I have heard Japan's pretty awesome). xD

Tama :ph34r: Phantom

Been there, done that (I'll list cities for convenience)

-Vancouver (Obvious `cause I live there)

-Paris (I went in summer, very hot, very pretty though. Even saw The Mona Lisa)

-Oupia (In Southern France, absolutely beautiful)

-London (Big Ben= awesome. Double Decker Buses= awesome. Vanilla ice cream and flake= awesome.)

-Tasmania (Simply put: HOT)

And some other places I forgot. xD

I've been to Germany and Austria before. It was really fun, except we had to stay with family and I didn't like their house. Also it was like slug season or something, because it was always raining and slugs came out... I cried at the sight of them. I was 10.

I also went to Aruba this summer, which is an island most people haven't heard of. I hadn't heard of it until my mom asked me if I wanted to go. It was BEAUTIFUL and the baby sea turtles came out of the water and we missed it! I'll have to go back there again because I really would want to see that.

Lastly, I went to Cancun a few years ago, and we visited Chichen Itza. That was also a pretty place.

I've been to a lot of places but those are the ones out of the United States.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back