Babysitting

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamatalker101

Reaction score
Ummmm... HELP! I need babysitting tips. I babysit tonight. They are to little boys. 7 and 3. This is my first gig. I took the red cross babysitting class a few moths ago so I'm certified. Do you have any tips? Do you baby sit?

Thanks tt1o1

Well, I'm not old enough to legally babysit, but I have entertained my little cousin for a few hours at a time. He's fun. He really likes legos and things like that, so we got out all of my Harry Potter legos from this huge castle set (they have really cool pieces for castles and stuff! >__> ) and so we used the castleish pieces to build our own castle.

Hands on interaction is the key. Watching TV or something isn't anywhere near as good. It might be a little harder for both of them, but thats what I would do.

Oh, and stay away from chocolate. Or candy. Don't think about it. My mom ('cause I'm not old enough to babysit) was REAL SMART and she brought a bowl of M&Ms. The kids are really little, remember, so it takes a lot less to get them pumped up. Then with a combonation of that, and my dad knocking things over, he got really excited and started running around. >___< So yeah. No candy.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, I heard of the Red Cross Babysitting classes! Maybe you live by meh! xD Well, here are some tips:

-If you want them to clean up their room or something, make it a game instead of a chore!

-If they are fighting, pick them up, separate them. Or, teach 'em a lesson. (The nice way)

If they go wrong, sorry! And if they work fine, I am NOT Supernanny. :)

You don't really need advice, once you get there it will become easy. When I started helping out at a primary school I was really nervous [Year 2, 6-7 year olds] but it all went ok. Don't worry - your obviously good enough you have been certified :) .

OMG, I heard of the Red Cross Babysitting classes! Maybe you live by meh! xD Well, here are some tips:
-If you want them to clean up their room or something, make it a game instead of a chore!

-If they are fighting, pick them up, separate them. Or, teach 'em a lesson. (The nice way)

If they go wrong, sorry! And if they work fine, I am NOT Supernanny. :huh:
Well, they have the Red Cross all over the world, and I'm pretty sure they offer the Red Cross babysitting classes in every single state (and a lot of countries the Red Cross is in), in a lot of different places in the states.

It seems like you're pretty well prepared! As pyonchit said, make sure to actually play with them. It will keep them much happier for longer. And then you won't have to watch as many baby shows. Don't leave them alone in a room, something bad might happen.

Well I'll try to help I've never babysat before I'm guessing if a baby has a stinky dipper change it and if they cry they might be hungry or dipper rash ( ouch ) or sleepy and play with them lots!! If they get hurt I suggest calling a hospital to check it if it's a bruise try a doctor. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back