Back in the game!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AccioSnitch

Reaction score
Hey all,

My name is Britt, and I first was introduced to Tamagotchis in 1996. My mother had an American friend who had purchased Tamagotchis for her kids, and told my mum how fab they were. Tamagotchis weren't yet available in Canada, so the hype was built up in anticipation of their arrival. On the Canadian release date, my mum took my brother and I to get them. Best. Day. Ever. Especially as toys from Mum were a rarity, but the crazy things excited her as well - The virtual pet craze had begun!

My Tamagotchi and I were total BFFs (or rather, any photos of me from that time period show my Tamagotchi tied around my neck with yarn). I remember leaving it at home while I went to a Soap Box Derby in Moose Jaw and pretty well losing my mind at the fact that it would be dead when I got home. A few months later, my beloved Tamagotchi was stolen out of my bag at dance class. Totally lame. My brother still has his - In the box, buried in a time capsule. Fool!

The re-release of Tamagotchi has me hooked. I have several of the new Connection generation, and along with a friend of mine, we have quite a successful group. She now lives in another city, and we get our Tama on when we get back together. I joined this forum ages ago, but am only now hopping in to say hello!

Has it really been fifteen years that these things have been around?

Hope to get to meet you! I'm in Music City as BF1988.

Cheers,

Britt

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back, Britt! It's great to see more vintage enthusiasts pop in to say hi. I'll see you around the forums! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back