Backwards compatibility, English Patches, Pierces & Cases

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I now have a 4 Tamagotchis since joining! :) (Pierce, P2, V3 & 4.5)

I'm not trying to be a collector, but I do want to collect all the ones I want.

I feel like having a V3 makes V1 & 2 unnecessary. Unless there are some really cool things I've missed in my research-I decided I just want to see what each different type is like.

1) I know there are resources like Tamawiki etc, but is there a simple list that states which Tamagotchis connect with each other?

2) If you put an English Patch on a P's when you buy the Pierces what happens? i.e. After you put the English patch on you buy a Deco Pierce. Will the Deco Pierce be in English as well?

3) Which of the Pierces are genuinely rare besides the Disney & Hello Kitty?

4) Besides version 4, which of the Tamagotchis are know to be glitchy/problematic?

5) Does anyone have a list of what sizes they all are? I want to know what cases will fit each type.

Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can try to help answering a few of them...

2) Pierces and their contents stay in Japanese.

3) Disney and Hello Kitty pierces are not exactly rare - it's that Ciao! comic one is because they were only sold in limited quantities. I had to get mine off of Amazon Japan from a third-party seller because they were not sold in online shops.

I don't agree that having a v3 makes having v1 and v2 uneccessary. If anything they are an excellent addition for one another, for example v1 doesn't have a shop function and items as we know them from other connections, but if you connect a v1 with another tamagotchi (not 100% sure if not another v1, probably not) you can actually get items on that version! Which is pretty neat. Otherwise v1 is agreeably fairly boring but it does have its charm and unique characters, and v2 is often considered the best connection- it has a lot characters we don't see in later versions, a lot of cool items and animations as well. So I reccomend at least getting one v2 out of these.

Now to answer your questions,

1) There are various resources on different tamagotchi themed sites and forums. Here you have a connection chart made by OsuMesu21 from Tama-zone:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uhbi74OzANc/V26A_aYl8mI/AAAAAAAAATY/1qkoO5GeV9QEuzbMiJTQMmZRcMUEms0YgCLcB/s1600/Connection%2BChart.png

It doesn't cover v5 and v6 though, but this topic does:

https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=9473

(sorry if there are topics like this on tamatalk, if there are feel free to replace the TZ links with TT equivalents)

I'm not sure if there is a chart like this that covers color tamagotchis however, but I'm preetty sure most colors connect to one another, except M!X and 4U.

2) Nothing interesting happens. The text on the stuff from pierces remains Japanese, because the text is on the pierces themselves, there's no real way to translate them. But it doesn't really matter to be honest.

However, MrBlinky's Virtual Deco Pierces are fully in english.

3) The CIAO and Anniversary pierces seem to be quite rare, as well as the ribbon one (forgot the name). They sometimes go for 50$ each.

4) I haven't had much experience with glitches on tamagotchis honestly, not even on the v4, so I can't answer that one.

5) If you want I can take a photo of all generations of tamas (from p1 to colors) with a can of coca-cola to scale.

Hello,

I now have a 4 Tamagotchis since joining! :) (Pierce, P2, V3 & 4.5)

I'm not trying to be a collector, but I do want to collect all the ones I want.

I feel like having a V3 makes V1 & 2 unnecessary. Unless there are some really cool things I've missed in my research-I decided I just want to see what each different type is like.

1) I know there are resources like Tamawiki etc, but is there a simple list that states which Tamagotchis connect with each other?

2) If you put an English Patch on a P's when you buy the Pierces what happens? i.e. After you put the English patch on you buy a Deco Pierce. Will the Deco Pierce be in English as well?

4) Besides version 4, which of the Tamagotchis are know to be glitchy/problematic?

5) Does anyone have a list of what sizes they all are? I want to know what cases will fit each type.

Thank you! :)
1: mimitchi.com/html/tindex.htm (note you not need to register this is ask only for welcome you) ,https://www.tamenagerie.com/ and an usefull link for almost links in rated tama links selection web.archive.org

2:not the japanese langue programmed ford the pierce itself (see at https://mrblinky.net/tama/ps/english/ faq selection)

3: look at here for pierces https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/Tama_Deco_Pierce

5:v 2,v1 i think its size same as p1 p2 and v3 without antenna (i persinality dont have that versions yet i have only a tamagotchi friends)

and i don't seen to someone answered because i searched resources for answers

p1 and p2 are way smaller than all other tamagotchis.

I appreciate these answers. :)

Disney and Hello Kitty pierces are not exactly rare - but they sure are expensive! At least they are on ebay. That's good information, thank you. I actually ordered a Yume (ribbon dream change) pierce recently at a decent price from Japan.

I was really excited as it was the one that appealed to me the most, as well as being a bit rare.

Is Miracrise rare?

I don't agree that having a v3 makes having v1 and v2 unnecessary. If anything they are an excellent addition for one another, for example v1 doesn't have a shop function and items as we know them from other connections, but if you connect a v1 with another tamagotchi (not 100% sure if not another v1, probably not) you can actually get items on that version! Which is pretty neat. Otherwise v1 is agreeably fairly boring but it does have its charm and unique characters, and v2 is often considered the best connection- it has a lot characters we don't see in later versions, a lot of cool items and animations as well. So I recommend at least getting one v2 out of these.
That is a really good answer! :) Do V1 & 2 have that faint beeping sound that V3 makes?

"5) If you want I can take a photo of all generations of tamas (from p1 to colors) with a can of coca-cola to scale."- Jhud.

Yes, I'd love that!

I'll look through the websites a bit later, thank you. :)

That is a really good answer! :) Do V1 & 2 have that faint beeping sound that V3 makes?
You mean the "heartbeat" if you put your ear to the tamagotchi? Yes, they do! If you mean sounds in general I think their sounds are identical.

Here are tamas to scale:

https://imgur.com/a/RkQb2

A p1, a v1/v2 (wasn't sure, however all connections share the same overall shape, they just have different antennas),a +Color and an iD. Most later colors share the exact shape with the iD (4U might be a bit flatter on the back though, not as noticeably as a +Color).

I didn't put Friends on Tama Go to scale, i do have them though so if you want to see them compared to the tamas I can take another photo.

(Also lol, I didn't notice the yellow/orange theme at first)

Miracrise is rare, I can't find it on EBay! Of you're really desperate to get a Miracrise pierce, you can look on Rakuten. Even if you find a Miracrise, you won't be able to afford it. I guess it's because everyone loves Miraitchi and Clulutchi...

CIAO is nowhere near rare, maybe uncommon. It's still readily available on Amazon JP for $13 USD-ish.

Rarest ones I'd say are the Disney ($100-200), Sanrio ($50-100), Miracrise ($50-100), Fairy ($30-$80) and possibly the Nameko but there isn't much demand for that. The Royal pierce is definitely set to spike soon

The best way to get them is probably by having an actual friend in Japan who has an amazon prime account and doesn't mind buying these for you without asking for any % for themself, but that's a pretty rare situation.

These third party services aren't worth it IMO.

2) I think others have already answered this, but the Pierces are still in Japanese as the content is actually installed on them rather than the Tamagotchi itself. The same applies to downloads. The patch will change everything that is inbuilt into the Tamagotchi into English though. It's not too problematic; I have an English patched P's and don't mind that my Pierces are still in Japanese. =)

3) I think DIsney and Miracrise are the two rarest. As someone else said, I think Nameko is pretty rare, but, unlike the other two, there doesn't seem to be a huge demand for it. I've not used the Disney pierce (I have zero interest in the cross-over pierces), but in my opinion Miracrise is not worth it's current price tag. If you do manage to find it cheaply though, it is worth getting as it is fun but it is far from my favourite pierce. It is worth keeping an eye out for Miracrise if you want it, as occasionaly bargains do happen; I didn't get my Miracrise pierce until after the prices had skyrocketed, and managed to get it for £45/$60 with two other pierces (which between them are worth about £30/$40, meaning I essentially got Miracrise for £15/$20, ironically making it one of my cheapest pierces).

The best way to get them is probably by having an actual friend in Japan who has an amazon prime account and doesn't mind buying these for you without asking for any % for themself, but that's a pretty rare situation.

These third party services aren't worth it IMO.
It's still worth checking Amazon.jp as some sellers do ship worldwide; normally the shipping prices are so expensive that it counteracts the item cost but there are a couple of things I've bought where, even with horrendously priced shipping, they've been cheaper than buying from other sources.

Thank you! All of these answers are really detailed and helpful. :)

I feel like Q's 2, 3 & 4 have been answered thank you!

Jhud gave a great pic for Q5! (thanks!) From observing that I can see they would all need their own cases are none are the exact same size? *sigh* there are so many pretty cases for the other colour models, but I guess they would not fit the P's.

I finally had a chance to look at the links. They were helpful but not exactly what I meant. (I'm not familiar with most of the names of the Tamagotchis mentioned in the chart like Uratama etc)

I'm just looking for a simple thing like this:

• Tamagotchi P1 & P2 do not connect with any Tamagotchis
  • Tamagotchi Pierce's connects with: Tamagotchi P's, Tamagotchi iD L
  • Tamagotchi M!X only connects with other Tamagotchi MiXes
Maybe in a single excel chart or text.

Just a list of the Tamagotchis in order from the first one able to connect and the ones they connect with. I searched the forums and wasn't able to find a single list where all the info is in one place.

:huh: I've also found translations for the menus, but haven't found any info on the random events. I went outside and had an old man looking character speak to my character and a yes/no option appear, but I exited as I had no idea what it was about.

I want to save up for a P's for a friend and hoping my own research will result in me being able to print her out an instruction manual of sorts. :) I'll post it up here if I end up making it.
The info is out there but it's all scattered and I'm trying to pull it into one place for her manual. :)

Pierces don't connect to the iD L, also I said that most colors have almost exact same sizes (only +color and 4u are kinda different)

There are no exact translations for random events (unless its a patched p's) but it's usually safe to say yes, in the morning there's probably a market going on and you can either sell your stuff or buy random stuff at a discount. In other words, if you say yes you'll know the context.

Pierces don't connect to the iD L, also I said that most colors have almost exact same sizes (only +color and 4u are kinda different)

There are no exact translations for random events (unless its a patched p's) but it's usually safe to say yes, in the morning there's probably a market going on and you can either sell your stuff or buy random stuff at a discount. In other words, if you say yes you'll know the context.
The P's don't connect with the iD L? Ahhhh! I am watching one on ebay with the hope it will connect to my P because I heard they did. There is also a connection option under the heart icon mentioning the iD L.

I would check the Tamagotchi Wiki, but for some reason that page isn't working or opening for me all week. I remember it saying those two connected. Were they talking about the iD instead?

*** I call the Tamagotchi P's the Tamagotchi Pierces so as not to confuse them with the vintage P1/2. I think when you said they don't connect with the iD L you thought I meant the Deco Pierces.

From now on I will specifically call the Deco Pierces Deco Pierces! Sorry for the confusion.***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back