Ballroom Dancing?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Hello Kitty~

Reaction score
Okay, so unfortunatly the eight graders in P.E. period 1 and 2 in mah school were chosen to do Ballroom Dancing. :D :furawatchi: And that includes me. It starts next week, and I am so nervous. We have dance partners but I don't know who! I am so bad at remembering steps and with a boy?! Well duh, but I get nervous! I'm wondering if I should skip P.E. for the rest of the 9 weeks or how I should deal with this! Any advice?

~HK~

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please.. I had to do that in Middle School...

Don't sweat it, seriously. Just remember the steps and you will be fine. The dances are incredibly wanky and corny.

Okay, thanks, I feel a little better. Ima look like a fool though. Oh well. Hopefully we get to PICK our partners. Oh, and did you have to perform it to peoples?

I'm doing ballroom dancing as well.

I don't think it's a thing to freak out about. What is it specifically that you're nervous about? Boys are people too, and the dance steps arn't very complicated.

I'm sure you'll do fine, but if you want it, good luck ;D

Edit: At my school, no, you don't preform it. But just in case you do, all you need to do is remember the steps. It's easier than it sounds, trust me :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when I was in Middle School, we didn't get to pick partners. We got sit anywhere we want though.. so.. yeah, i guess we had somewhat of decision.. No, the whole class perform the whole dance at the same time.

Don't worry, you'll do fine! :furawatchi: Most schools do that in Middle School, and all your friends will probably be feeling just as awkward! Relax and do the cheesy old steps your teacher tells you to, and have a laugh about it afterwards! Good luck!

-bratztroxg

I have been ballroom dancing for 8 years now, entirely by choice. I never wanted to dance at ALL when I was a kid, I thought it was corny too. After I ran across an ad in the paper about learning to ballroom dance when I was 14, I went in for a free lesson on a whim because I felt that my life was becoming boring...and I have never quit. It is very good for your health and your memory, it is easier than you think to learn the basics, and you will realize it's not nealy as lame as it sounds. It can give you a feeling of gracefulness and lightheartedness like nothing else can. ^_^

**Also, one BIG thing to be aware of. No one is looking at you when you are dancing. I promise. You know why? Because EVERYONE in the room is in the same boat as you and just as nervous. Everyone else is too focused on how they look to be concerned with what you are doing. I taught dancing for over a year and I know this from experience. ;)

SK-you should defnitely try swing dancing if you get the chance to! It is such a fun dance, and there are at least 5 different varieties and styles of swing dancing that are commonly danced. West Coast Swing is a favorite of mine. Cool, slick, and not all that strenuous. xD

I have been ballroom dancing for 8 years now, entirely by choice. I never wanted to dance at ALL when I was a kid, I thought it was corny too. After I ran across an ad in the paper about learning to ballroom dance when I was 14, I went in for a free lesson on a whim because I felt that my life was becoming boring...and I have never quit. It is very good for your health and your memory, it is easier than you think to learn the basics, and you will realize it's not nealy as lame as it sounds. It can give you a feeling of gracefulness and lightheartedness like nothing else can. ^_^
**Also, one BIG thing to be aware of. No one is looking at you when you are dancing. I promise. You know why? Because EVERYONE in the room is in the same boat as you and just as nervous. Everyone else is too focused on how they look to be concerned with what you are doing. I taught dancing for over a year and I know this from experience. ;)

SK-you should defnitely try swing dancing if you get the chance to! It is such a fun dance, and there are at least 5 different varieties and styles of swing dancing that are commonly danced. West Coast Swing is a favorite of mine. Cool, slick, and not all that strenuous. xD
It sounds so fun :3

I don't quite have the back and knees to do much dancing though, lol.

The only swing dancing I know is basically just twisting arms and going under them XD I don't know any of the terms used.

Oh it is fun. =D That's awesome that you know how to do some swing dancing! You know, we teach a dance called the Hustle, and it's not much more than twisting your arms and turning as you go. Really popular as a social dance. So, you're ahead of the game already. ^_^

Oh it is fun. =D That's awesome that you know how to do some swing dancing! You know, we teach a dance called the Hustle, and it's not much more than twisting your arms and turning as you go. Really popular as a social dance. So, you're ahead of the game already. ;)
The Hustle...brings back so many memories xD

I've started. It's is VERY fun. You don't have much to worry about at all.

Probably one of the funnest dances I've ever done in my life, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back