Band :o

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitestorm

Reaction score
We had our second band class today and we were picking instruments, to many people wanted the bass (including me) so some of us needed to pick a different instrument. Since nobody would volunteer I decided I would :)

I picked bass clarinet, the problem is that about 2 months ago my dad got me a bass, and now I wont even be playing it :mellow: But anyways, Im really excited to start playing :)

Bass as in String Bass or electric bass?

I wanted to play Alto Clarinet...I told my BD I wanted to and he told me you had to be good at the clarinet! D: I felt like an idiot. same with English Horn, you have to be good w/ Oboe. He also hates alto clarinets. o.o

I wanna play Alto Flute for HS. :3

Band starts Thursday for me. =) I play trombone. I'm excited. And I still need my trombone to get repaired. D: (I'm using a CONN "Director". . . ;___; )

Have you been playing clarinet for a long time? :mellow:

RT

Bass as in String Bass or electric bass?
I wanted to play Alto Clarinet...I told my BD I wanted to and he told me you had to be good at the clarinet! D: I felt like an idiot. same with English Horn, you have to be good w/ Oboe. He also hates alto clarinets. o.o

I wanna play Alto Flute for HS. :3

Band starts Thursday for me. =) I play trombone. I'm excited. And I still need my trombone to get repaired. D: (I'm using a CONN "Director". . . ;___; )

Have you been playing clarinet for a long time? :mellow:

RT
electric bass xD

and I've never even held a clarinet in my entire life :) (Until now)

electric bass xD
and I've never even held a clarinet in my entire life :mellow: (Until now)
Wow. O____o Sorry. Our band only lets kids who play clarinet er...play Bass/Alto/ContraAlto clarinets if their good. I wanted to play Alto but Flute,Trombone and possibly an alto flute are important too. :3

Is it fun? :)

And do you have a jazz band? Jazz band allows Drums and electric guitars in. :3

Wow. O____o Sorry. Our band only lets kids who play clarinet er...play Bass/Alto/ContraAlto clarinets if their good. I wanted to play Alto but Flute,Trombone and possibly an alto flute are important too. :3
Is it fun? :)

And do you have a jazz band? Jazz band allows Drums and electric guitars in. :3
Ya we have a Jazz band, but I dont know if Im going to join it yet. I havent actualy tried to play it yet, I dont know how to put it together or how to clean it so Im just waiting for next band class xD

And, we have the drums in our band, as for the bass, there isnt actually sopposed to be one in the type of band we have so we just kinda put it in and use it in an oboe's part

I dont know much about band so dont go asking me confusing questions :mellow:

Ya we have a Jazz band, but I dont know if Im going to join it yet. I havent actualy tried to play it yet, I dont know how to put it together or how to clean it so Im just waiting for next band class xD
And, we have the drums in our band, as for the bass, there isnt actually sopposed to be one in the type of band we have so we just kinda put it in and use it in an oboe's part

I dont know much about band so dont go asking me confusing questions :mellow:
Sorry. D: I'm pratcicing my flute now. :) No scales..Fun pretty stuff. :ph34r:

redtama - I didnt mean you asked me I just meant dont in the future xD

paper*cut - Im sure you werent the worst D: you were probably the same as everyone else

TDF - why???

Last edited by a moderator:
redtama - I didnt mean you asked me I just meant dont in the future xD
paper*cut - Im sure you werent the worst D:  you were probably the same as everyone else

TDF - why???
Because you never got to play the actual music. Just the bass part that you hear in the background. It takes a lot of air to play, and I really don't know why I don't like it. I just didn't...sorry for being like this. :mellow:

I liked band in elementary and 6th grade....

but now we have a new stupid teacher :mellow:

No guitar, no bass, no piano!!!! She barely let me play the drums!!!

AND she divided us up into Advanced and Intermediate/Beginning Band!!!

At least chris will be in my band

But i was totally confused with the music I had in Advanced band so I asked her if I could go into Intermediate/Beginning and she didn't let me!

I don't like her. We didn't start playing until Wednesday..... of the second day of school xP

I played trombone...man, I hated it. :mellow:
I love trombone. Except the fact i'm the only female trombonist... D: Oh well... I still love band <3

^ I tried teaching myself trombone

I didn't have enough time

that reminds me i need to return my trombone to the school

I need to go and join a band. I dont know anyone who plays Guitar/Bass or can sing.

Theres a lack of Drummers at my school... (Which is decent for me)

^ I tried teaching myself trombone

I didn't have enough time

that reminds me i need to return my trombone to the school
Oh... Thats why. :marumimitchi: I never tried teaching myself(Except a few notes)...But I believe it would be hard.( Had to teach self high notes)

I need to return my trombone soon too! D: The one my dad bought me broke.. And I hope I can get it repaired, today. :furawatchi:

~

This year, I have two band teachers. Mr.Hanna(Jazz,Concert(6th grade) and Wind Ensemble(8th..And its weird because they call it Wind ensemble and theres percussion! o_O)

and Ms.Tengood(7th grade. Conductor for the spring concert: HS Alumni w/ 7th and 8th grade band.)..I have Mr.Hanna for Jazz this year and I have Ms.Tengood for band.

I really like both.. I was kinda scared that Ms.Tengood would hate me, but now I don't think so. =D

In my old school I played violin in the band. It was fun. ^.^ I'm not in the band in this school but in music class our teacher taught us how to play the keyboard (6th grade) and this year she's teaching us guitar. <33

Electric bass was popular? In my class it's drums.

Well, I got electric bass. xD I play it already, so itll be fun and simple.
My band teacher teaches band at my school aswell as another school and in both there were lots of people who wanted to play bass, he says that every year theres a different instrument thats popular xD

There were only two people who wanted to play drums this year

My band teacher teaches band at my school aswell as another school and in both there were lots of people who wanted to play bass, he says that every year theres a different instrument thats popular xD
There were only two people who wanted to play drums this year
o_O Really?

I think we only have about four or 3 percussionists... odd. There was like 7 trumpets and I thought everybody would chose drums.. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back