Band..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kid should ever have to fulfill their parents lives just because they couldn't do it themselves.
Exactly. The parents had their chance (they still kinda do have a chance o_O) and they aren't taking it

Exactly. The parents had their chance (they still kinda do have a chance o_O) and they aren't taking it
Speaking of parents still having a chance. After I quit my mom tried learning how to play the pipes, but her fingers always locked up so she couldn't do it. It was also harder for her to learn.

I think the main reason parents get their kids to learn when they're well.. kids, is because it's easier to learn things when you're younger. Your body is also easier to train in the ways it needs to for playing instruments, or really doing anything involving body movement.

Even still, that doesn't make it right.

well maybe just stop practicing and just dont do it...............................................................

I play clarinet in band and it's really starting to get on my nerves.Going to lessons every week, annoying reharsels in the afternoons, practicing day by day, UGH!

I can't take it any more!! >.<

I asked my mom, "Can I quit? PLEASE?!" and she said I have to play until I GRADUATE! :( 6 MORE YEARS?!

Today at rehearsal my cork on one of my instrument pieces came off, and when the teacher was talking plop! It fell apart! Now I can't play until the teacher fixes it! :D

Just sitting there listening to all the noise made me think that I'm a geek! I just don't feel comfortable in band.. ;)

If I wasn't so stupid in 4th grade to try out for clarinet I wouldn't have had to go through this! ><

Someone, please, give me advice, I've tried everything with my parents and the answer is no! :lol:

I try my best at playing and I get good grades and all but I just all together hate it..

No offence to anyone in band, of course.
You may feel nerdy playing clarinet but i have to play the TUBA

i dont belong in band > :)

maybe u should show ur mom this topic and see how many kids disagree with her decision then maybe shell reconsider

(although i havent read everyones answers yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back