Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Lol, that's true. I wonder why they only do that in some countries. XP

Anyway I wonder if the Australian price will be the same as the US price of $20? Not sure because stuff in Australia usually costs a lot more. In fact when the Music Star was released here it was $40 but I got mine on sale for $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Lol, that's true. I wonder why they only do that in some countries. XPAnyway I wonder if the Australian price will be the same as the US price of $20? Not sure because stuff in Australia usually costs a lot more. In fact when the Music Star was released here it was $40 but I got mine on sale for $30.
Yeh I remmember that i worry for the price of the TF because of how much the v6 cost I went to get one when I got 20 bucks as a kid and saw they were at 40 it's really quite ridiculous I'm guessing it will be about the same or more as look at the furby in America it's around 60 bucks but in Australia... Well they cost around 80-100 dollars each

My V6 was $10, in Myer and my TamaGo from woolworths was $20, they had figures, but i only bought a Kuchipatchi because they costed me $10 each O_O Anyway, $20 would be a nicer price than $40, Id actually just wait, but I still wanna go on dream town

Has anyone in the Uk actually even seem TF in store? Couldn't find it in my supermarket on Boxing Day... And I've been to toys r us and nothing... Bit rubbish... Kinda don't wanna order online want to actually go into and store and buy it...gonna try and get to smyths today. There is just no hype surrounding this release at all...

Has anyone in the Uk actually even seem TF in store? Couldn't find it in my supermarket on Boxing Day... And I've been to toys r us and nothing... Bit rubbish... Kinda don't wanna order online want to actually go into and store and buy it...gonna try and get to smyths today. There is just no hype surrounding this release at all...
I got one of mine in-store at 'The Entertainer' and another in-store at Argos.

You can check the stock in your local Argos:

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/TAMAGOTCHI.htm

Anyway, I have unlocked Cake Catch on my Friends! Could the other game be unlocked by getting all the jewels? I was also thinking that you can unlock both games by getting the BFF meter full without having to collect any jewelry lol but I'm probably wrong.

Cake Catch Unlocks at 30 jewellery pieces collected. Flower count unlocks when the BFF bar is 50% full.

I've been to Toys R Us and I've seen an 'advert' of it, but I didn't see the toy. I'm going to a mall in a sparsely populated city so hopefully it will be there. I also was kind of disappointed it wasn't in my local Toys R Us. :mellow:

I really do not like the price. I think it should be about £15, I'm sorry but I could get an iD-L with that money. Anyway, cheers to Bandai giving us Tamagotchi fans what we hoped for - a new Tamagotchi! Pumped for Dream Town to release. :)

thanks for the life cycle TTD! I wanted to know because when I downloaded the instruction manual, it didn't say the life cycle. :(

Anyways, are you going to do a bumping video? Because I would like to know how it does it! ;)

Thanks again!

-Tamacass
Yeah, I'll do a video tomorrow, I would do it today but I can't because I was stuck in traffic for about 4 hours today and I forgot to take my phone for entertainment, but anyway so I just had my 2 TFs and used up all 5 bumps for the day. I have tried setting the time to 11:59pm and waiting for the 5 hearts to come back but they won't. I bet it's probably just some akward time like 11:32. But I'll do a video tomorrow. And it just proves how much fun you can get out of a TF, 4 hours in one go :) oh and I'll also do a video of the secret games when I unlock them (I got 20 Jewleries, and need 30!)

Tesco, Asda or Morrison's don't have it yet. But try the entertainer. They are available at selected smyths and toysrus. I think that there will be a wider release in 2014 at other shops.

I heard off a friend they were in the Toys R Us in Stoke (ノ◕◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧. Don't get angry with me if they aren't though, I've not had a chance to see for myself because my mother is too busy to take me >n<

I heard off a friend they were in the Toys R Us in Stoke (ノ◕◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧. Don't get angry with me if they aren't though, I've not had a chance to see for myself because my mother is too busy to take me >n<
Quite a lot of toysrus do have them, so I wouldn't be suprised I they do

Ooh...I heard that Dream Town is coming soon for tamagotchi friends...just like tamatown was for tama-go's....

So looks like Bandai Europe was right when they closed tamatown......they did share new news in the future!

( take a look)

I really want tamagotchi friends but theres other stuff on my wishlist too...xP

So looks like Bandai Europe was right when they closed tamatown......they did share new news in the future!
If you think about it, that's actually true! :D

I still miss the old Tamatown. It's really sad how they had to close it down.

Anyway, :lol: :lol: :lol: TOTALLY CANT WAIT UNTIL DREAM TOWN OPENS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Tamacass

Hope the Dream Town will have the aspects of both Music City and old Tamatowns. Like, visiting your grandparents and stuff with interactivity of Dream Town.

Hope the Dream Town will have the aspects of both Music City and old Tamatowns. Like, visiting your grandparents and stuff with interactivity of Dream Town.
Yeah. That's what I would like. I used to have so much fun on the V4 Tamatown when I was younger! :D

Hopefully the next webisode is close to coming out tomorrow (New years eve today for me). I love watching them!

-Tamacass

:) Bandai Europe <3 <3

If you think about it, that's actually true! :D

I still miss the old Tamatown. It's really sad how they had to close it down.

Anyway, :lol: :lol: :lol: TOTALLY CANT WAIT UNTIL DREAM TOWN OPENS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Tamacass
Yup! :) :D

I miss tamatown cause....I never got to experience it!! :'( I want it back...

I want tamagotchi friends cause I want to experience Dream Town!

Yah me too I really hope it does have those aspects....so I get to experience it xD

Now that Tamagotchi Friends has been released in several European countries and is available to order online via sites like Amazon, etc. can I just suggest that some of the posts being made in this discussion topic would be much more useful / more visible in TamaTalk forums such as Tips & Tricks / What's On Your Mind? / Help for New Tamagotchi Owners / What Happened to My Tamagotchi?

I don't want to close this topic as there is still some useful discussion info going on about which stores have stock, etc. - but it will help a lot of members if factual info from new owners are posted in places where they will be most helpful to the rest of us ;)

All of the amazon reviews from people who've actually bought one. Oh dear.

"I wonder if the above reviewer got one and whether they were as disappointed as i was - total waste of money!"

"I bought 2 of these for my nieces aged 6 & 10. The screen is just about visible, I thought it would be easy to see as it was larger than the old tamagotchi. I had the old one as a child and they were better. Save your cash and get an old retro one!"

"I've been a Tamagotchi fan for years, so was really excited Bandai decided to sell them in the UK again. I have to say though I'm really disappointed with this. It's more expensive than previous ones have been, but the screen is so light it can barely be seen at all to the point that it is almost unusable. The whole build quality also feels cheap. I wish I'd read the reviews before buying. Really unhappy."

"I bought this as i remember Tamagotchi's from the first time round and remember my son quite enjoying it. I bought one for my stepdaughter I expected something better as technology has moved on. I have to say it is rubbish. you can barely make out what is on the screen and there is no on off switch for the volume. really poorly made and if i had seen a review that said this i wouldn't have wasted my money! £24.99 is a rip off"

"Do not buy these, the display is so unbelievably bad I can't believe it has made it to the shops. The screen is tiny and has none of the contrast settings make it usable. The only way these companies will learn not to rip us off with poor quality products is to not buy them, and if you are unhappy return it - it is not fit for purpose."

"Complete waste of money! The screen is so small you can bearly see it. Such a disappointment on Christmas day"

A few of those reviews can easily be amended had they read the instructions to adjust the contrast via settings as well as to find out how to turn the sound off. As for the screen, is it not the same size as a Tama-Go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back