Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre

Reaction score
Someone should somehow let Bandai know that we are SICK of them dumbing down their non-japanese version Tamagotchis.

For example: They get Keitai, we get V2, a simplified version of Keitai.

They get Entama, possibly the coolest Tama EVER, and we get V3, an extremely dumbed down version without jobs, letters, salaries, etc.

Come on, Bandai! What's the deal?

Am I just overreacting? Or is it actually a good idea to make a petition or something? I can't even tell... it's 2 in the morning for me, and my brain is officially broken from fatigue. If you have any ideas, post 'em please.

no idea why they are doing this, but e.g. in Japan the mobiles are much cooler... here in Europe it's even worse because Bandai releases Tamagotchis much later than elsewhere although there's no good reason for that. This is why I buy new Tamagotchis like V3 via Ebay in US.

I get what you mean about the version 3 and the entama.. I think the version 3 was a little bit rushed.

Entama probably is the coolest tama ever :furawatchi:

no idea why they are doing this, but e.g. in Japan the mobiles are much cooler... here in Europe it's even worse because Bandai releases Tamagotchis much later than elsewhere although there's no good reason for that. This is why I buy new Tamagotchis like V3 via Ebay in US.
yeah im waitin 4 my v3 2 arrive. it was from America and they say connexion v3s caon't connect 2 v1s. entamas do sound cool but i wanna have 1 2 c if they r better than v3s. i wish if they went

as far as to create a v4 tama then they could send messages. the entamas must be really gd!

I don't have a V3, is on it's way... but i think V3 is a US/European Keitai, and bandai will release a V4 (Entama)... I'm so curious to have an entama, but i think i'll wait, it's more expensive and it's totally in japanese... B)

I was rather impressed by the V3s! I wasn't expecting to get any form of Tamagotchi Town! I was expecting them to just use the new characters, and add a new game, and not change anything from V2 to V3, but they change it quite a bit. So, we don't have all the cool Entama stuff. I think that's OK. It isn't really that hard to translate the words you need, on a Japanese tama, then memorize them. You don't need to learn how to speak Japanese to play with them. There aren't that many complex words on a Tama, I would assume.

And the parts that are whole sentences, have already been translated on guides, so you don't need to worry about that. :blink:

. . .They get Entama, possibly the coolest Tama EVER, and we get V3, an extremely dumbed down version without jobs, letters, salaries, etc. . .
holy cow! jobs! well now that i no that then i agree with u . . .

Yeah, it's not fair!! I mean, it's like they don't even care... someone should tell them what they are doing wrong, and soon, so then when V4 comes out it will be like Keitai, Entama, V1, V2 and V3 mixed altogether.

Someone should somehow let Bandai know that we are SICK of them dumbing down their non-japanese version Tamagotchis.

They get Entama, possibly the coolest Tama EVER, and we get V3, an extremely dumbed down version without jobs, letters, salaries, etc.

Come on, Bandai!  What's the deal?

Am I just overreacting?  Or is it actually a good idea to make a petition or something?  I can't even tell... it's 2 in the morning for me, and my brain is officially broken from fatigue.  If you have any ideas, post 'em please.
Hmm, you most certainly have a point. There also is a part with the designs. Japan's designs are beautiful and almost elegant! Australia's are wild and unexpected. Ours (US and/or Europe) are just dumb, boring, mostly-girly stuff.

I will write to Bandai about that in my letter... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you want Bandais e-mail? PM me if you do, I can give you Bandais contact info.

i agree, they sould sell the exact same tamgotchis out in japan, to different parts thoughout

other counteries (i would rather like to get a Keitai myself from japan)

They only cool version that came out here and not in Japan is V1s, my fave tamagotchi type.

I have a EnTama, however I do not have a V3.. Yet.

Japan just has cool things, and that's just the way it is. I don't think this will be changed any time soon.. BanDai released the V3 - they put hard work and effort into it. We must not call them "cheap" or something like that because they don't make things such as the EnTama. I must say that I would guess that the EnTama is better (because I love the EnTma). The EnTama cirtainly has more features.

V3 will be great.. The EnTama is better. Just buy an EnTama off eBay. There are many sites that have info on the EnTama.. If you know the basics of Tamagotchi Connection, then you should be fine with the EnTama.. Excpet like the mail that you can't read... :)

Interesting point you have made here though. :)

I totally agree! I ordered an entama from YesAsia.com, and I am so anxious for it to show up (it's already taken such a long time, 2 weeks!).

But the Japanese get way better Tamagotchis, they got the mateable Osutchi/Mesutchi tamagotchis way back in 1997 and we didn't get matable tamagotchis elsewhere untill 2004.

It always happens, it happens with anime too, things get dumbed down when they bring them to North America because the North American compajnies market stuff to young kids even though in Japan they market things to appeal to all ages even if mostly kids buy them.

It totally stinks.

I know. It's HORRIBLE! I thought that tamatown'd be like on the Entama, you could get items and gp and all that. But the only thing we get are "souviners" which cannot be used, just looked at, the chance to buy items you can buy in stores (nothing you can only get through tamatown) and visiting parents/grandparents is just them saying a few words, getting a gift, and then theres nothing left but eye candy! And why did they rename furwatchi "Leaftchi"? That's just dumb!

The v2s are MUCH better than the v3s sloppiness. Couldn't they at least try to make tamatown more interactive, and make the items usable, not just things that look pretty? Or not take out alot of v2 characters?

Bandai America should have done better. They could have done better. But they didn't.

Come on, Bandai! What's the deal?

Am I just overreacting? Or is it actually a good idea to make a petition or something? I can't even tell... it's 2 in the morning for me, and my brain is officially broken from fatigue. If you have any ideas, post 'em please.
I saw a post about entamas and it shows jobs and teachers and nannys and all that stuff. I didn't know what entamas were then, so I thought they were talking about v3's !!! Like, what's up w/ that ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back