Bass Trombone..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Band Geek

Reaction score
Okay.. I kind of want to switch from Tenor to Bass, for MANY reasons. [Like for it's sound and I couldn't play Tuba for Jazz band, so I want to try this for Sym. and Jazz]

I have some questions.

1] Can students play this? I'm in 7th grade, could I play it?

2] Are there student models?If so, what brand?

3] Is it heavier than a Tenor?

4] Would this be best for Jazz band + Symphonic band? I think one of our trombone players are switching to Alto, could I switch to Bass to make my section sound.. good?

Thanks.

I don't really have an answer for your question, since I'm not a trombone player (or brass in general, for that matter), but have you tried talking it over with your band director? He/she could probably get you going in the right direction and help you get access to an instrument if you do decide to switch.

Myself, I'm a woodwind player :ph34r:

I might just do it for Jazz band, because for Symphonic band, I'll be playing Tuba in 2 weeks. >w< [i'll really miss my trombone section. I'll miss them dearly. ;_; ]

I haven't asked him yet, because I just started playing Tuba, and I don't want to annoy him. x3

But thanks for your suggestion. =]

Off topic:

What instrument do you play?

I just play 2 Flutes, but I really wanted to play a Alto Flute. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back