Being A Guide

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTama

Reaction score
Well I was just wondering...

We have a topics about BECOMING a Guide, but what about BEING a Guide. I was wondering what exactly Guides have to do. Eg. Do you have to be able to go on TamaTalk every day? Are you allowed to just post like other members?

StarTama :rolleyes:

People shouldnt have to worry about what they have to 'do' they are taught what to do, what actions to take in different situations etc.

Guides are here to:

give support, to those who need it

Keep threads under control; i.e. no spamming, going off topic, useless threads, flame wars etc.

Make sure the forums are clean ; i.e. deleting/closing useless topics, moving threads to the correct areas

Keeping arguements to a minium; i.e. prevent arguements in threads, by closing it. Or keeping a watchful eye over the thread.

disciplining bad members ; i.e. if a member constantly spams, uses bad language, and is disrespectful to Tama talk's rules, and members, take action, i.e. suspend, warn, ban.

Basically, just to moderate the forums. Keep them under control, and provide help to anyone who needs it :rolleyes:

//Haze

I think Haze has pretty much covered it as far as responsibilities go.. Just to add a few though:

* We also have a bit of a role to play in TamaChat as far as doing all that has been mentioned

* Moderating topics in the forums that require us to preview topics before approval or posts of members who've been a little naughty.

* Going through the reported post list from when you guys have hit "report!"

* Helping to review the progress of TamaTalk as a whole... what needs to be changed, what is good, what we can make better etc

Being here on a regular basis is pretty important to keep up with what is going on as far as changes to TamaTalk structure, member and rules wise.

Other than that we are free to post like regular members in all topics. :)

It is a pretty big job to say the least but it is quite rewarding especially when you can help out members with their problems (whatever they may be). That and knowing your efforts will result in a better TamaTalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back