Being the new kid...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ETHAN1994

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I've bad experiences from being the new kid. :angry:

When I first started, most people didn't know anything about me. But three days later, everyone knows everything about me. Or at least they think they do! :huh:

And it's still like that! People seem to think they know exactly what I'm like just because of the way I act. That's mostly because I act differently compared to most of them.

For example, I behave in class and hardly swear, and I wear my uniform correctly. Because of that, many people think that I'm a goody-goody-two-shoes who NEVER swears and get really ashamed of himself when he does something wrong. :ichigotchi: And so many people are shocked when they hear swear, and so and gather their friends and ask me to do it again. They seem to think I'm some kind of dog! I can get around by demanding £30 every time they ask me to swear. If they're gonna treat my like a dog, they might as well give me a treat! :angry:

Another thing is that whenever I walk of special-education classrooms (I often have to go there because I have Asperger's syndrome), many people suddenly assume I'm some kind of fragile little spastic who'll have a seizure at slightest piece of intelligent conversation! :angry: :angry:

I also get it because I look a lot younger then I actually am. I'm a 10th grader, but I look younger than most 7th graders. :angry:

Have you had experiences like this?

That's gotta suck. I can just only imagine what it must be like for you (I have two brothers on the spectrum).

And yeah, you make them pay! :mellow:

Hopefully better things will come with time.

When I went to a new school last year the other kids treated me like I was just this random shy kid, then I say one sarcastic thing and I'm all of a sudden one of them. :p

Sorry, I can't really relate to you. I've never been the new kid xP But, I always try to be the new kid's friend : )

New kids, gotta-love-em!! Seriously, all the new kids become popular in my school.

And I'm gonna be a new kid this year:

#1. Because I'm going into Grade 9

and

#2. Because I'm changing schools before the year ends.

Yes.I went into year 7 this year (Intermediate, 11 and 12 year olds, first year).All these kids at my desk group called me wierd because I wrote This Is Sparta on my book.You should tell someone about this :| .And you should act like you, so people know that you're not like that :)

I moved to the school I'm attending now in fourth grade. Being the new kid wasn't all that bad, but I guess that's because we were younger. If people are bothering you, you need to be assertive. If all else fails, tell a teacher. It's fun to get kids you hate in trouble. x)

I've bad experiences from being the new kid. :D When I first started, most people didn't know anything about me. But three days later, everyone knows everything about me. Or at least they think they do! :lol:

And it's still like that! People seem to think they know exactly what I'm like just because of the way I act. That's mostly because I act differently compared to most of them.

For example, I behave in class and hardly swear, and I wear my uniform correctly. Because of that, many people think that I'm a goody-goody-two-shoes who NEVER swears and get really ashamed of himself when he does something wrong. :rolleyes: And so many people are shocked when they hear swear, and so and gather their friends and ask me to do it again. They seem to think I'm some kind of dog! I can get around by demanding £30 every time they ask me to swear. If they're gonna treat my like a dog, they might as well give me a treat! :D

Another thing is that whenever I walk of special-education classrooms (I often have to go there because I have Asperger's syndrome), many people suddenly assume I'm some kind of fragile little spastic who'll have a seizure at slightest piece of intelligent conversation! :)   :D

I also get it because I look a lot younger then I actually am. I'm a 10th grader, but I look younger than most 7th graders. :)

Have you had experiences like this?
OMG, That it just like me! Except we don't have special education classrooms. But yeah, I always behave in class, never swear, wear my uniform correctly, look younger than I am, and I have Asperger's syndrome. I read your post and I was like OMG, another Asperger's person!

Anyway, back on topic, I was one of the new year nine kids last year. When they got to know me, people started making fun of me, trying to make me get upset. It seems they think it's fun to see me cry!

EDIT: Typo!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had. My class has always been so nice to new kids... ;)

I've been the new kid a lot. First I came to an entirely new country :) (So glad I did though!). Then a whole new state, and I did this twice back in primary school because I was in Perth, then Sydney, and now Brissy yay! <3

Then high school came along and I was the new kid with about 200 others, so that wasn't so bad :)

Ah, when I started school in Perth, everyone was sort of scared of me, because I'd come from a whole different country. No one really knew how much English I could speak, etc etc, so I got put into a class with kids that needed extra help, right from the word 'go', and no one really listened to me when I said I knew a lot of things, until my aid teacher was all like, "Uh yeah hey she's really smart..." so I got put back into normal classes. The same happened with my brother D:

When we went to Sydney, it was really odd. Everyone sort of judged me on what I looked like; small and fat and really quite obnoxious. I didn't have many friends except for a few kids who influenced me to be really rude and horrible.

Then we moved to Brisbane after my Dad passed away. Brisbane was a lot more of an easier start, everyone sort of just accepted me and it was so easy to fit in there. I got on well with people and did well in school, and made some great friends. I lost a lot of weight, partly because I didn't eat as much after Dad died, I just felt constantly sick, and I threw myself into running and stuff. But yeah, it was okay.

Then of course the transition from primary school to high school was hard but 200 other kids did it too, so it was good. High school brought my my darling Katie and Luke and all my other friends <3

I was the new girl in 5th grade. Everybody was so kind and welcoming and let me join their friendship groups. I also had a strong accent back then so everybody wanted to listen to my talk. ;)

I'm sorry that you guys have had bad experiences being the new kid. ):

Aw, sorry you had such a terrible experience at your new school. Give them the chance to show them you're not at all different then them. They can't go on teasing forever. But if this keeps up, maybe you should alert a teacher?

I've never been the new kid. Been in the same school since kindergarten, and it will be like that up until grade ten. So I can't really say I've had a similar experience.

Not really. My school had 3 buildings. Nusery school, Infant School and Junior/Primary School. So I was always mainly with the same people.

Then when we all went to High School in 2008, but quite a few of my friends went to the same school as me.

So, I've never really been the new kid, but I've been to new schools. :)

That really sucks. I was new to the school in Year 7, but so were the majority of 7th grade. So it wasn't too bad. Except everyone seemed to fit straight into a group and I didn't. Luckily, I had a group of kids from my old school who sat with me. And just a question. What's Aspergers Syndrome?

I have never been "The New Kid", but there are those students that will take the time to get to know you. THOSE are the people you want to associate yourself with, trust me.

I've been a new kid, once, but that was in second grade...about 4 years ago...so I hardly remember. But if it's possible, I might be moving schools this year though it's my last year of primary.

Not really, but when I started year 7 everyone was the new kid so it didn't really bother me. We all know each other now anyway, so there isn't really a problem.

I was the new kid when my family moved from Michigan to Arizona. I was in the 8th grade. I got into a fight the first day at school with another girl. (I won too). However, no one bothered me after that.

I've only been a new kid in 3rd grade (it wasn't bad at all because we were leetle cute children) and the same thing in fourth grade.

I'm actually in a similar situation. I hate my school right now and I am leaving my school for a public school next year where I do not know anybody there. I used to be happy about it, but now I just feel like puking. I am a total klutz, eye-sore and shy kid now. I'll be going for my last year of junior high and then leaving for high school to the next level school AHH X| so I totally get what you are talking about.

All you have to do is set your place, either by making a joke (which can tell if you are a nerd (nerds are awesome!! <3) , sarcastic, melancholy, etc...

Also you can reach out to other new kids , because the best way someone can really tell what your like, is by seeing you hang out with t other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back