Bidding

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but you just have to know how to bid, and when the time is right. And sometimes, people start the bid at like 1 dollar, and if it is an item like a tamagotchi, and in the end, it comes out to 7 dollars, that is a good bid.

Also, some people use e-bay because maybe that person cant go to store, or don't like going out in public.

Sometimes bidding and other times its not, mostly for me it is not. I got for hannah montana tickets and i spent like 1,563 dollors, and when I looked how much the real price it was worth for the front row it was like 346 dollros! not very reasonable if you ask me... and they weren't even sold out!

it depends on how much you bid for!

if you win, and you only bidded like 7or 8 dollars, then that is good..xx

if you bid higher that it is worth in shops, then :huh:

love,

Tamagotchii

Sometimes bidding and other times its not, mostly for me it is not. I got for hannah montana tickets and i spent like 1,563 dollors, and when I looked how much the real price it was worth for the front row it was like 346 dollros! not very reasonable if you ask me... and they weren't even sold out!
If they wasnt sold out, than shouldn't you have bought it from the actual place than from e-bay?

Anyway...you have to have the skill of bidding, you should only go up a little at a time, and normally you can win it quickly by bidding right at the end of it. :D

Also, on ebay, you have to see the experience of the person that you are bidding on, because it could be a scam.

I think bidding is fine. Sometimes you can only buy stuff online, such as an item that only stocks in a few countries and buying it off Ebay would be cheaper than going overseas and get the item yourself. Just be careful when bidding on the net, especially for items that cost more money.

In an auction, price is related to suppy and demand.

As a buyer, you may not like the auction process, because you're not sure you'll get the item you want at a cheap price. As a seller, the auction process is scary too, since you're not sure if there is enough demand to get a good price for the item you're selling.

If I am selling a V4 on ebay, and there are a gazillion other V4 Tamagotchis up for sale, but nobody wants them, then my highest bid amount will be very low (if my auction gets any bids at all.)

However, if I am selling a DevilGotchi, and there hasn't been another available on ebay for months, and several serious collectors are looking for one, then why should I put a buy-it-now price of $20 on it? Someone may be willing to pay $200, $300, or even higher. By auctioning it off, I will get the most that anyone is willing to pay for it (at that time.)

Bidding is the only way to find out what something is really worth.

(By the way, I've never sold anything on ebay - those were just fictional examples.)

In an auction, price is related to suppy and demand.
As a buyer, you may not like the auction process, because you're not sure you'll get the item you want at a cheap price. As a seller, the auction process is scary too, since you're not sure if there is enough demand to get a good price for the item you're selling.

If I am selling a V4 on ebay, and there are a gazillion other V4 Tamagotchis up for sale, but nobody wants them, then my highest bid amount will be very low (if my auction gets any bids at all.)

However, if I am selling a DevilGotchi, and there hasn't been another available on ebay for months, and several serious collectors are looking for one, then why should I put a buy-it-now price of $20 on it? Someone may be willing to pay $200, $300, or even higher. By auctioning it off, I will get the most that anyone is willing to pay for it (at that time.)

Bidding is the only way to find out what something is really worth.

(By the way, I've never sold anything on ebay - those were just fictional examples.)
o_O

This is going off topic but...

Supply and demand...

I'm taking introductory microeconomics as one of my subjects in uni, and I lost count how many times I've written the words 'supply' and 'demand' and not to mention how many supply and demand curves I've drawn. XD

:p :blink:

There's a very good logical approach to bidding on ebay: Only bid what you are willing to pay.

Simple as that.

Ask yourself if it is worth that price to you.

If not, then don't bid on it.

What are you talking about o_O Does this have anything to do with tamagotchi?
An online auction, such as ebay, is a popular way to purchase old, rare, or foreign Tamagotchis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back