BLINK 182

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeppers, but they broke up, :) , Mark and Travis are in +44, and Tom is in Angels and Airwaves, I just wish they could get back together but then 2 of those amazing bands wouldn't exist.

The group went on indefinite hiatus in early 2005. DeLonge went on to form Angels and Airwaves while Hoppus and Barker spawned +44. The possibility of a reunion has neither been officially confirmed nor denied.

In mid-February 2005 the band cancelled a performance at Music for Relief's Concert for South Asia. Shortly thereafter (February 22, 2005), the band announced they were going on an "indefinite hiatus".

Geffen Records released a Greatest Hits compilation on November 1 2005 in the U.S., one previously unreleased track was included "Another Girl Another Planet" (a cover song originally by The Only Ones). The song was also used as the theme song to Barker's new reality TV show, Meet the Barkers. Included was the previously issued "I Miss You" B-side and Blink-182 album bonus track "Not Now". The album reached No. 6 on the Billboard 200 in the United States.[9]

Three weeks later DeLonge announced his new band, Angels and Airwaves. As his reason for why Blink-182 went on indefinite hiatus, DeLonge suggested the mounting tension between himself and Hoppus, ultimately caused by DeLonge's desire for a break with his family coupled with Hoppus's feelings of betrayal after the formation of Box Car Racer. He also announced his plans to create a film about the final days of Blink-182.[10] Angels and Airwaves released their debut album We Don't Need to Whisper on May 23rd, 2006, where it debuted at number 4 on the Billboard 200.

Hoppus and Barker's new project +44 surfaced on December 13, 2005 with the song, "No It Isn't". Coincidentally, the song was released on +44's official myspace on the same day that Angels and Airwaves were slated to release their first song (and also Tom DeLonge's 30th birthday), though the release of the latter was delayed. Initially, Hoppus was hesitant to admit any deliberate correlation between the song and breakup, but has since admitted the song was about DeLonge and the breakup of the band. +44 released their first album When Your Heart Stops Beating on November 14, 2006 and debuted at number 10 on the Billboard 200.

In August 2006, Hoppus gave an extensive interview with b182.com. The interview focused on Blink-182 and the hitherto-unexplained events that had led to the band's hiatus. Contrary to DeLonge's statements, Hoppus said that the band had been getting along at the time of their final album. Hoppus went on to say that DeLonge requested a half-year respite from touring to spend time with his family, despite a planned spring U.S. tour. Hoppus and Barker hesitantly conceded, leading to the cancellation of the upcoming tour. Further problems arose in discussions regarding the band's future recording endeavors. It was at this point that Hoppus felt that Blink-182 had ceased functioning as a band. Hoppus went on to state that he and Barker eventually formed +44 at the end of the European leg out of frustration for DeLonge's constant reluctances.

I found this is wikipedia..

WTF?!?

They broke up?!?!?!?!?

Oh my GOSH!

I am officially going to die. I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love their song "All The Small Things"

I've known every single word since I was about 3 years old.

I think Travis Barker was the best in that band!!

I used to ♥ his show meet the barkers (It is not on anymore) Because him & his wife got a divorce!!

I ♥'d that banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back