Bone Scan

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamatalker101

Reaction score
Well I have had this pain in my left leg for 2 months and my doctor ordered a bone scan. Does anyone know anything about them? This is like a second part to my other topic "Diagnousis(SP) UnKnown".

Best Regards

TT101

P.S If you might have an idea of what I might have, please share.

Again TT101

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so... I might have had one, but maybe that was just an x-ray.

I'm thinking bone scan is another word for x-ray.

I had one a few weeks ago on my left knee. It's been bothering me for years x.x

I've had a lot of x-rays and catscans. I think they're kinda fun ^.^'

I'm thinking bone scan is another word for x-ray.
I had one a few weeks ago on my left knee. It's been bothering me for years x.x

I've had a lot of x-rays and catscans. I think they're kinda fun ^.^'
I looked it up and here is the proceder (sp)

1st they give you an IV with contrast in it so you don't have to drink it EWWWW!

2nd they take a regular XRay

3rd when they are looking at it if there is something bad it lights up

4th they follow the steps for the diagnosis

Nope, sorry never heard off it.

Is this the leg your on crutches from?

I've never had any problems with my bones or anything so I'm pretty ignorant of these things. x]

Good luck! ^^

Yep!

It wasn't very pleasant... :(

The old man taking care of me (when I got the scan)

was very rude to me!

I was forced to drink 4 cups of water at once,

and it was very hard!

It was horrible!

-Rachel♥

I've had so much testing from X-rays to those brain thinggies (CT scan) that's the one'

I can't remember it though I was so drugged up sorry...

It took tehm 20 min to get me an xray. last week, Because I twisted my knee ligament and they weanted to make sure I hadn't doen bone damage

But from seziers to them thinking I had meningitus...I've had my fair share of hospital visits

When I broke my elbow, they did an X-ray every two weeks when I went to the hospital for check-ups to see it it was healing alright.

And when I broke my wrist they did one to see if the break was severe or not.

Fun Fun Fun

-cough- Call me stupid, but whats a bone scan? :) Is it the same thing as a X-ray?

Thanks Everyone I figured out what a Bone Scan shows: If it shows up dark it could be certin kind of cancer (I Hope Not)

If it is bright it could be a toumor or a fracture.

i am nervous

TT101

I have never had 1 and im 9 also IT SOUNDS SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAA WWAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cry baby im 6 and new also when she is of i am on!!!!

P.S: she is my big sis and we take turns on the computer <_<

Today I had my Bone Scan. They first gave me and IV filled w/ neuclear liquid. Then I had to wait 90 min. (so I ate Lunch YUMMMM) Last I had to spend 1 hour in a tube where I could not move.

They got the results but at our Children's Hospital, they aren't able to tell you. Your doctor has to give you the results. They tested for breaks, fractures, and well, CANCER. So I am kind of nervous.~shivers~

My Mom called the doctor and the doctor is going to call the hospital to get the results. Then she will call my family!

I'll Keep TT Posted

TT101

I am still waiting for my doctor to call and it is getting on my nerves. am extremly Nervous. Because they tested for cancer also so I am afraid I might have it!

TT101

I am still waiting for my doctor to call and it is getting on my nerves. I just can't help thinking I might have CANCER!
TT101
YOU R NOT GETTING CANCER!

BONE-SCAN is another word for x-ray! It is the same thing!

Don't worry about cancer.

They probably figured they might as well check now so you don't have to come back again.

Pre-caution is good, but you have nothing to worry about. ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back