Braces

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They say you can't eat:

Gum

Peanut Butter

Some breads..

Cheese (OMG)

Fruit Snacks

Crackers - triscuits etc

Potatoes

Pizza

and a whole lot of other foods, that people just eat anyway

It'll hurt for a bit but after that, it's pretty much okay.

I lived off of chocolate milk shakes for two weeks after I got mine on. <3

They say you can't eat:
Gum

Peanut Butter

Some breads..

Cheese (OMG)

Fruit Snacks

Crackers - triscuits etc

Potatoes

Pizza

and a whole lot of other foods, that people just eat anyway
My dentist said half of those things are ok. I ate cheese a lot, because it was soft.

Gum and fruit snacks...no. But others yes

P.S. My braces are starting to hurt. Its not as bad as I expected though

Aw man, I just woke up, and I am in tons and tons and tons of pain. I just got a whole bunch of braces added on. ; - ;

I chew gum all the time, i can only chew Bubble yum, and bubblicious. their soft brands :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to my pre-braces-orthodontist-gum-exray-appointment in five days.

many people say it hurts when you get your braces tightened, but it usually doesn't hurt for me when they're tightened, untill now. ;) my gums have been sore for 3 days...but i got like 3 different elastics. it hurts for like a week or 2 the 1st time you get them on, but the actual getting them on doesn't hurt. they glue on the brackets and the wires..may hurt because of all the pressure =[. they also give you special brushes and stuff.

they also tell you not to chew gum, eat popcorn and other hard stuff but i've lived most of it. :p twice the back brackets broke..i was eating cucumber but that was my fault. :D the 2nd time i was just brushing my teeth. :D n it's also fun choosing colours, right now i got pink and red.

I have braces. I've had them for at least two months and have had them tightened twice. It hurts for the first week or two, but you'll live. On my braces, I have pink an blue. Everyone at college says, "You have braces!?!" It gets a little annoying, but at least no one makes fun of me (anymore).

Get prepared for your enemies to start talking about you because you have braces. At first, people started calling me 'brace-face' and 'metal-mouth'. I just learned to ignore those people though. (there just wacko, like this guy > ;) )

people still make fun of each other? not here. braces now a days are considered 'cool' and can make you look prettier. :]

people still make fun of each other? not here. braces now a days are considered 'cool' and can make you look prettier. :]
Haha, same around here. xD

I always say 'braces are sexy' :3

But I'm starting to hate my braces, I look bad in pictures.

At least I'll have nice teeth. :]

I am getting mine some time this year, dont want to, but. I know that I have to so I will live with it...for two years.

I am getting mine some time this year, dont want to, but. I know that I have to so I will live with it...for two years.
Me 2. It actually doesnt hurt that mutch. You can handle it. For the first 2 or 3 days, you might feel pressure. Thats all!

Well i asked a lot of people if braces hurt, and they all said just the first day. Well ill Probably get them in February, Since i have to get X rays in January. Well I just wanted to know, do they really hurt? And one more thing..do i have to give up gum?
Welcome to the club! I have braces too, and have had them since May 2007. They actually hurt for the first five days, but still everyone's different so they might not hurt as long for you. I did give up gum, my orthodontist said that if you chew gum with your braces it'll extend the treatment. So now I just use sour Icebreakers to freshen up my mouth :p

Welcome to the club! I have braces too, and have had them since May 2007. They actually hurt for the first five days, but still everyone's different so they might not hurt as long for you. I did give up gum, my orthodontist said that if you chew gum with your braces it'll extend the treatment. So now I just use sour Icebreakers to freshen up my mouth ;)
I usually use mints too.

I have Braces They didnt hurt me on the first day but even if they do they will stop I rember when I couldent eat bread without them hurting... Not helping am I...

Your not allowed Gum Lollys Candy apples MMM

Your only allowed choclate once a week :(Every 6 weeks you get them tightend and you have them on for a year or 8 months depends so nothing to worry about.

You might also have to use 3 different tooth brushes and brush for 10 mins with mouth wash after Lol sound Long cos it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Braces aren't that bad. I had mine since September but only on the first day I got them, they hurted really bad. All I could do is eat tortilla chips and drink water. But now, they do not hurt, not even when I get them tightened every two to three months.

I think you might have to give up gum , but think of the good side, sometimes if you have a sore throat you can have ice cream as ice cream is good for sore throats :furawatchi: !

Also, don't feel bad for yourself, remember you only have them for a limit of time. So when you have em' wear them with pride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back