Broken Tamagotchi Mini?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djor

Reaction score
Well, I got my Tamagotchi Mini (Black Flames) when they came out in stores, and I didn't have much fun with it. I took it apart and wrote my name on the paper part of the screen (I was sooo stupid), and it hasn't worked since. I didn't care much that it didn't work, but now I kind of want to start it again since it's the closest thing to an original Tama. Is there any way to save my Mini? I've already tried new batteries, and that hasn't worked. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't use just any paper for the screen to work. I think it's aluminum, and the LCD can display on that. If you flip it to the white side of the paper, it would not work, I tried.. :/ Writing on the background could be the problem, unfortunately.

EDIT: Yoy, sorry, question. So, the entire unit doesn't work, or the LCD doesn't display? Maybe you chipped something when you opened it o-o

Last edited by a moderator:
Entire thing. Looking inside, I see a white wire that's split. Are they supposed to be connected or attached to something on the circuit board?

The wires are only for the speakers. So, if that gets ripped off somewhere, then the sound would not work, but that's it. The Tamagotchi should work fine without it.

Alright. Well, I put it back together, put a new battery in, and it still doesn't work. I think it's a lost cause. Thanks for the help.

The only thing I could think of is if you had spare parts, you could replace the paper part of the screen. However, since the Mini's are something like 1/3 the size of a regular vintage Tamagotchi, you might be out of luck there. I would just get a new one, they're not that expensive on Ebay. That way, either you can play with that, or use it for spare parts.

Thanks, yeah I still have the original screen, but I must've gone crazy when I was younger because i drew like ALL over it... Oh well, I'm planning on getting an Angelgotch today, and maybe a P1 or P2 in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back