Button sensitivity issue

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PretzelNymph

Reaction score
I recently bought a Japanese ocean Tama. When I put the batteries in, an animation of fish swimming by started up, but I couldn't get to the "set time" screen. Finally, by using the tip of my fingernail and pressing REALLY deep, I could get the buttons to respond (sorta).

Does anyone know if there is any fix for this? I've seen instructions online on how to change the buttons to switch colors, but I don't know if that would resolve the problem. I'm going to try and get an exchange, but in case I can't, does anyone have any suggestions?

:(

I recently bought a Japanese ocean Tama. When I put the batteries in, an animation of fish swimming by started up, but I couldn't get to the "set time" screen. Finally, by using the tip of my fingernail and pressing REALLY deep, I could get the buttons to respond (sorta).

Does anyone know if there is any fix for this? I've seen instructions online on how to change the buttons to switch colors, but I don't know if that would resolve the problem. I'm going to try and get an exchange, but in case I can't, does anyone have any suggestions?

:(
Hello PretzelNymph! :blink:

When you purchased and received your Ocean Tamagotchi, was it a sealed and never-out-of-the-box package, or had it already been used by its previous owner/s?

If it had already been used, I have a feeling that the buttons' sensitivity have just unfortunately worn out.

If it was sealed and never opened, I suggest you pause it and don't play with it for a while. Hopefully, once you return to the virtual pet, the buttons will be more touch-friendly.

To pause your Ocean Tamagotchi, follow the following guide from mimitchi.com.

When you need to be away from your Tamagotchi Ocean for an extended period or time, it is possible to suspend the life cycle.
Press Button "B" to bring up the timer.

Press Buttons "A" and "C" at the same time. The word "SET" will appear. When Tamagotchi Ocean is on the "SET" function, the life cycle is paused.

Reset the timer to the correct time to resume play.

Press Button "C" to return to the normal life cycle.
I hope I helped, and good luck! c:

It was in fact previously used, extensively. I guess it is done for :( everything else seems fine, just those pesky buttons.

Well the older buttons are a little bit smaller... a tad bit slower in response.... I figure you know this.

If you happen to have a older tama (P1,P2, Angel... etc) You could try switching buttons... It might help.

You could also open it up and try to clean the sensors and the area around the buttons. Use a Q-tip or a paper towel.

It was in fact previously used, extensively. I guess it is done for :( everything else seems fine, just those pesky buttons.
Extensively? Oh my. :eek:

Before you give up hope, try what SailorRosette has suggested. If that fails to create any difference, I think you may have to just keep your Ocean Tamagotchi as a collectable item. :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back