Buttons Sticking.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

momomomo1111

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if there was something I could do to make my buttons stop sticking. I find it quite hard to practice with my tama's band when I can' get the note to register when I click the button. hehe any tips would help xD

Do you know why they stick?

What I do is blow in between the buttons. This adds moisture, and moisture make sticky go bye bye. It shouldn't do anything bad to your Tamagotchi, I hope not :eek:

I would take them out and wipe them with something moist and then with something to dry them completely. That's if your comfortable with opening up your Tamagotchi though.

That wouldn't restart my tama would it? would open it up but I really don't know what I'm looking for xD

Not sure about the restarting part but if you do feel comfortable to open up your Tamagotchi, you wouldn't be looking for anything, the buttons are attached to this rubbery band thing (can't really describe it well) but it should fall out once you get it open. I would recommend doing this only if you're comfortable and don't mind possibly resetting your Tamagotchi.

It wouldn't resett it.

You just click middle button on the egg screen after you put the battery back in and choose download :)

I agree with OldSchoolTama, but opening your Tamagotchi won't reset it. When you put the batteries back in they have an option for you to reset it or download it. Just press download and you will get all the things back as you had left it. There should be no problem.

I would also suggest opening it up because you can clean the buttons fully. Take it out, put it in water. Don't rub it though. It will break the buttons!

Up to you ~ that's what we suggest..

So I'm just opening it up through the back of the tama? Or antoher way? xDD btw- I have never really opened a tama before.. But these buttons are making me frustrated xD

Yes. You would open the battery cover first, and then behind the battery cover, there is another set of screws. Unscrew those and pull the Tamagotchi apart CAREFULLY. You should be able to pull out the buttons and clean them then. Make sure you use the appropriate screwdriver (one typically used in eyeglasses repair kits) and to screw everything back up tightly. Since you've never done it before, I would recommend taking a towel and wiping them superficially first and see what happens. In my opinion though, taking the buttons completely out and cleaning them that way would probably solve the problem completely.

alright thanks! I will try that as soon as I can find my screw driver! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back