Buying jewelry for an 11 year old girl

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubrey Hepburn

Reaction score
I chose an 11 year old girl from the Salvation Army(a charity for the poor) tree at the mall just yesterday. I have never met this girl, and she is very poor. This will likely be the only present she will receive this year, so I want to make it good. All I know is her age, and that her name is Brittany. :D I *think* I can choose some pretty good stuff for her, but I would LOVE to have your input on what you think she might like.

I'm going to Claire's to shop for her, and I can spend up to $30. I'm assuming she has pierced ears, they didn't say she doesn't. Any tips for me to shop by? :D

I love Claire's. You won't have any problems finding ways to spend your money, that's for sure. They have so much stuff there.

I would get a general variety of things... a bracelett, a necklace... just pick out things that you like or used to like, and I'm sure she'll enjoy them too. ;3

Btw, that's very nice of you to be in the giving mood this holiday season. I'm possitive the little girl will greatly appriciate it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats nice. :3

Just buy headbands, necklaces and bracelets... If you don't know if she has her ears pierced, it's best to steer clear of earrings... Unless you know.

.... I'm assuming she has pierced ears, they didn't say she doesn't. Any tips for me to shop by? :D
I wouldn't assume that an 11yr old has pierced ears even if they didn't say.

Claire's has plenty of fab stuff - including funky socks, gloves, scarves, purses, etc. without getting earings for pierced ears. I wouldn't buy her earings - just in case.

If she doesn't have pierced ears, can you imagine how disappointed she could be if she adores them, but can't wear them...?

(11 year olds can get disappointed over things that adults would not necessarily think disappointing) :D

Claire's has plenty of fab stuff - including funky socks, gloves, scarves, purses, etc. without getting earings for pierced ears.  I wouldn't buy her earings - just in case.

If she doesn't have pierced ears, can you imagine how disappointed she could be if she adores them, but can't wear them...? 

(11 year olds can get disappointed over things that adults would not necessarily think disappointing) :D
I'd agree with this.

Avoid earrings because she may not have her ears pierced and there's also the problem of allergies to the metals used in earrings. I have a few friends who need to be very careful about what sort of earrings they buy because of nickel allergies and such.

Claire's sells lots of stuff which is funky and practical. Some pretty things like pieces of jewelry would be lovely but something warm and snug for the winter could make an excellent present too, like an awesome pair of mittens or some snug socks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh! I LOVE doing these things <3

Okokok!

I would say, steer clear of earrings, just in case.

Look for bright things, being poor, she needs a lot of happiness :D

Also, socks and gloves are a great idea (Bright colors <3)

Also, necklaces (Hearts, stars, etc..) Is a good idea.

Claires at the moment seems to be going for the peace style, which would be very nice.

Maybe a little purse, to keep the nice things to get her in?

Just an idea!

I would get her a little bracelet because she may not be able to wear fake earrings I can't or my ears get puffy. So I have to wear real ones. I would try a necklace or bracelet :D or even a stuffed animal. Try the stuffed animal though if she's a little girl she'll love it then :D . Good luck ;) .

Claire's has plenty of fab stuff - including funky socks, gloves, scarves, purses, etc. without getting earings for pierced ears. I wouldn't buy her earings - just in case.

You're definitely right. I will avoid all things earring. lol Especially considering the fact that she is very poor, she probably doesn't have her ears pierced. Thanks for the reminder!

You guys are so helpful! I was thinking about cool, colorful bracelets and things like that...but cool socks and purses hadn't even crossed my mind. I love it. Thanks a bunch. :mimitchi:

Claire's has a lot of cool stuff there :mimitchi:

Socks sound good. Maybe a necklace or two, hair braids, some bracelets. And if they sell jackets/sweaters, maybe one of those as well :D

Good luck!

Definately some comfy socks, bracelets, funky gloves, scarf, hat and maybe a ring. A watch would also be good if you can afford it. Claires in Britian is Goth/peace (I think peace would be better than Goth lol).

I'd get a necklace. Nothing I'm signed up for says I have periced ears, and people assume I do, even though I dont.

So like a bunch of others, a nice necklace or bracelet will do.

You should probably not "assume" she has pierced ears because earrings would be Completely useless without pierced ears and also she is poor so how would she afford to get her ears pierced?

I would suggest getting her a pretty mood ring from Claire's and maybe a good luck charm. I hope I helped you!

You're definitely right. I will avoid all things earring. lol Especially considering the fact that she is very poor, she probably doesn't have her ears pierced. Thanks for the reminder!

You guys are so helpful! I was thinking about cool, colorful bracelets and things like that...but cool socks and purses hadn't even crossed my mind. I love it. Thanks a bunch. :D
Or you could get clip-ons.

Claire's is an 11 yr. old's Wonderland.

Get some groovy socks! ;D

Cecib :furawatchi:

I got the PERFECT idea!!!!!!! Buy a teddy bear (or any kind of stuffed animal) and the jewelery you buy for her put on the teddy bear!!!!! It looks really cute. (I used to keep my Juicy braclet on a stuffed animal on my dresser and it look adorable!!!) Do the same with other non-jewelery stuff you buy her. Hope you use my idea!!!

i got an idea

buy a big box, put me in it, mail me to her, then on xmas day, i'll jump out and do a little dance for her :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back