C-mas/Thanksgiving

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorRosette

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have already seen many of the Chirstmas Commercials already. Not only are they C-mas, they are recycled commercials from years ago.... Too early?

Most of all... WHAT HAPPEND to THANkSGIVING?! Seriously? Did it fall off the earth?

Every year, it seems like C-mas is comming earlier and earlier. I heard C-mas music BEFORE Halloween too! What is goin' on, really? With all the people in Debt, getting close to it, bankcruptcy, forecloser... Shouldn't Thanksgiving be more important this year? For all we have to be thankful for? Are we all getting greedy for the last two months of the year?

Since I was a kid, I've been watching the wave of C-mas comming earlier... The Sales, all the people who really didn't need to spend money.... Jeeze. Lets do something about it.... Its all about C-mas pressure anymore in the last months of the year... Is that really who we are now as Americans?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same here in the UK. Although we don't have Thanksgiving, Christmas still comes way too early. There have been ads for sales and all sorts and the shop up the road has had Christmas stuff up since October. Everywhere I go I just see Christmas. I'm not complaining or anything because I love Christmas, it's one of my favourite days of the year but I still think it shouldn't come so early.

I don't hate C-mas, Frankly, I love it... But I always remember it the day before Thanksgiving Ads and the Day of Ads for Black Friday.... For the Sales to start the whole C-mas thing. Now its just hugely expanded!

Every year it comes early... I think actually I saw C-mas stuff being set up in Early October.

I love Christmas. It's not just the presents though. It's the movies, the jingles, the cheesy commercials, the lights. It feeds my inner child about as much as tamagotchi's do.

But I agree with you here. Though, this might be happening to take people's minds OFF the economic situation and everyday stress. Yuletide cheer I'm sure feeds alot of other people's inner child as well, not just mine. Knowing Christmas is coming, makes me feel warm :D As lame as that sounds.

I know...But I'm candian, we have thanksgiving in october... But I agree, plus, christmas has gotten a bit materialistic.

Maybe we all want to be Canadians? I am in MI...

The commericals me driving me insane... We have a "local" town commerical talking about C-mas.... Buy this, get this for C-mas... Think big... yadda yadda...

Does anyone want to say Happy Thanksgiving? Not Merry C-mas already?

Indeed it has, but I honestly don't mind. I'm still an excitable child, afterall.

I saw the first christmas commercials before halloween too, and i think it's really annoying. It's too early to get into the christmas spirit. After thanksgiving is when i really get into the christmas mood, and if you start too early, then the thrill sorta wears off after a while. I also was at the mall recently and they already have a gigantic christmas tree set up.

Every year people are getting smarter and doing their christmas shopping earlier before the mass of people start crowding the malls and shops, so... companies are advertising even earlier too.

I usually just ignore it when I see a christmas ad on TV anytime before november....I can't be bothered until the last minute xD for me it doesn't really feel like christmas season until december starts, or at least until snow falls.

I'm not a Christmas fan. At all. I don't know as I would go as far as to say I hate it, but my feelings are pretty close to that.

I DO hate that it's coming earlier every year like you said. Costco had Christmas decor out before Halloween even came and went. The only Thanksgiving type things I've seen are food-stuffs for Thanksgiving Dinner. Other than that, no decorations, no commercials, nothing :/

Christmas just seems to get more and more ridiculous each year.

I hate how Christmas is now turning into some marketing thing. I guess Christmas sales catch people's ears better than Thanksgiving. The only Thanksgiving commercials I see are grocery store ads.

I live in New Zealand, and it's same for us.

One time, it was about mid september right? Well, I was listening to the radio, and then guess what? An ad for a christmas song CD .

Normally, that'd come out in December. :|

Glad to know I'm not the only one here... I'm used to it by now though.

C-mas seems more like a big sale holiday which shoves everything else out of the way... Even Halloween was pretty minimal this year. We had stuff out, then boom... gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back