can´t uncrew case

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
im trying to take the empty battery out of my famitama, by uncrewing the back case but for some reason the srew doesn´t move when i do it.

of course my famitama is almost new, and hasn´t been uncrewed before, (bought it at a local toy store).

how do i do it? im scared of using too much foce in case it brakes the screw.

The same happened to my Angelgotchi a few weeks ago. The small screws at the back were so tight that even my dad's jewellers' screwdiver couldn't take it off.

What I did was I took it to a watch repair shop and I had them take the screws out and replace the battery. They have the right equipment for it.

Do they replace the screws Malfoy just wondering the same happened to my angelgotchi. I am worried that if the batteries die I won't be able to replace them. Edit: mine are stripped which is why I cant take them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may depend on them; because the screws on my Angelgotchi somehow isn't that completely stripped, because I took a long look at them after they handed it back to me and it looks like they just brought the original screws back after replacing the batteries.

To be sure, you should ask them if it's possible for them to replace the screws for you and they will let you know.

Hmm...the case might be glued shut for some odd reason.

If not,you have to look carefully,

• Is the screw moving?
  • Do you have the right screwdrivers for the job?

I hope your FamiTama is okay. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar thing with one of my P1's. Ever since I have had it (back in the late 90's ... I won it in a competition), I have never been able to unscrew the screws.

As a tip for future reference, make sure you don't screw the screws in too tight, especially on older Tamagotchis. I make sure mine are never too tight now.

Going to a watch repair shop is a good idea. I might actually take my P1 to one. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back