Censorship

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FKOD

Reaction score
So, I play this one freeware game that's translated from japanese, and I was looking at the forum for it. In one topic, there was a huge debate about some things that were considered inappropriate in the English translation. Some people felt disturbed or uncomfortable with some aspects of the game (certain dialogue, for example), while others thought that censoring those aspects would take away the game's unique style.

So, what do you guys think of censorship? Is it necessary? Does it interfere with the quality of a work?

In my opinion, it's not necessary all the time, but in some cases, yes, it is. I would prefer not to see all the horrible, vulgar language that is in some games.

It doesn't interfere with the quality at all in my opinion, because it is definently not necessary for someone to see vulgar language. Everyone can live without it.

That's just my opinion, please don't let this offend you.

x.Tori.x

Yes, I agree. Vulgar content in anything, such as games, movies, music, etc. does not add any significance. It is just useless and inappropriate in my opinion.

It honestly depends on the amount and content.

If its a couple of swear words, (and I mean a couple, not oh **** this ******* piece of **** is a *** ** * **** cuz thats just silly and immature) then it isn't worth censoring IMO.

If it has extreme gore or sexual content, I would censor it. But thats just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back