Chain letters religion based?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamakitty710

Reaction score
My friend sent me a chain letter and I suddenly had a weird thought... I thought maybe chain letters were based on religion.

I got this thought because:

::If you don't send it on, something bad happens to you. In some religions, if you sin, or if you aren't baptized, etc. you get sent to Hell. Similar?

::If you do what it says, something good will happen to you or you won't have to "die" or whatever. In some religions, if you do what you're supposed to, you go to Heaven.

::Can dead people really type?? The one I received was supposedly a dead boy saying all of this. That depends on if you believe in ghosts, and to what degree. I honestly think that is is a load of bull, but I sort of believe in ghosts.

Overall I do not believe in chain letters, even the charity ones (you can't track the e-mail), but some are true. With all the fake ones it's very hard to tell which ones are true, so it might be bad if we don't believe a true one.

If you think I'm crazy, that's fine, I just wanted to see if this made any sense to anyone else xD;

i dont thik your crazy. i think your absolutely right. and its kind of creepy.....hard to rell witch ones are real. but i think thats a really accurate idea. some people get into it as a habit, some make it an obsession. i think thats pretty much like it would be a religion.

i just don't like chain mail at all. i just trash them whenever i get one.

you choose to go to heaven. a silly little chain mail does not determine whether or not if you go to heaven or hell. i believe that.

I think chain letters just work on the concept on consequences... it doesn't have to do with religion.

I think chain letters just work on the concept on consequences... it doesn't have to do with religion.
I agree. I haven't seen any of those kinds of emails or letters stating "If you don't do this, god won't love you" or anything interesting. They are seperate things IMHO.

They are not true and NEVER pass them on unless they are good like I got one that said:

R.I.P Baby Nia. Send this message on to show your support for baby Nia and to help stop child abuse.

I passed it on and if your wondering baby Nia was killed by family and friends recently due to over5 months of abuse and she was only 3

i just don't like chain mail at all. i just trash them whenever i get one.you choose to go to heaven. a silly little chain mail does not determine whether or not if you go to heaven or hell. i believe that.
i beleive that some people do hold it as a religion and more than a hobby. that is what i believe. but i dont believe in it. as in

• i believe that it as held as a religion to some

• i do NOT believe that it is right, and it is not my "religion" actually, i'm a christian.

• i know that the things, a.k.a. "consequences" do not happen. they are not "consequences" they are "coincidences" happening only out of coinsedence.

therefore, i do believe its a religion to some, just not me.

and i'm sorry if i sound stupid or immature, but i'm only 11. i cant help it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back