Charmed by Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phx.XD

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Phoenix. I'm 30 years old and grew up with a generic Tamagotchi called Octogotchi. It included eight animals to care for and it was red and heart shaped. I grew up in poverty so the version I had came from the Dollar Store. As an adult, I am now able to afford a name brand Tamagotchi for myself.

I've been in this forum for a few days but just stumbled upon the introductory page for the first time. I'm using this site on a small screen smart phone so I have a hard time navigating.

I currently have the V6 but can't open it yet. I got one for my best friend as a digital friendship charm instead of the typical broken heart halves. I wanted to get one that could connect with another for this reason so that eliminated V1 as a possibility.

We both work so I needed one that paused so that eliminated V2. I don't care much for the antenna on V5(.5) but I love the design of V3 antennae. V4(.5) have an antenna that I consider appropriate. Unfortunately used V3 and V4(.5) are more expensive used than the V6 brand new. It seems to be the most best model that I could afford to get for both of us while including the pet pouch. She will get Mamitchi and I'll get Mimitchi. I like Mimitchi the most because he looks like a little bunny. D-ahhhh!

Outside of the pet pouch I got the Techno Beat style that's black with gray headphones. I hate that the crackled screen border isn't colored on this pattern so I've thought about taking a silver Sharpie to it. Don't worry, I have a steady hand. I intend on keeping it as a keepsake so I'm not worried about devaluing it.

I'm am curious as to the general thoughts on V6. Did I make a good choice at all. It seems unpopular. Why doesn't it seem to be well liked. I won't find out first hand until the 20th which is when my friend's birthday is and we'll open our Tamagotchi together then. Am I missing out got not getting the V3 or V4(.5)? I do like that they ditched the antenna altogether (but as I said, V3 antenna is pretty cute).

P.S. I like the original Tamagotchi artwork the most where they looked like marker scribbles instead of fleshed out characters but I do like both a lot. The originals look like cute little blobs with faces.

I'm also on Ello and have invite codes if anyone wants one. https://www.ello.co/phxxd

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally love the Version Six. It's one of my favorite versions :)
Anyway I hope you have a lot of fun on TamaTalk! :D

I'm glad to hear that. I wasn't sure if I made the right decision. Are the animations good? I've heard animations past V4.5 aren't as detailed.

I personally love the Version Six. It's one of my favorite versions :) Anyway I hope you have a lot of fun on TamaTalk! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The V5 has boring item animations, but I think the Music Star animations are very good, especially when the Tamagotchi is playing its instrument ^_^

That's great. I was slightly concerned since the Tamagotchi has half as much room as before because of the toy and instrument in the main screen, less room to bounce around.

The V5 has boring item animations, but I think the Music Star animations are very good, especially when the Tamagotchi is playing its instrument ^_^

The first two connection versions also have no antennae and can connect with each other :)

Welcome to Tamatalk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back