Cliques/Groups of Friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just graduated high school in June, but in my school there weren't any specific cliques that you could label. Everybody just had their own group of friends, and I guess those groups of friends would be considered the "cliques" where I come from.

Well I have some more friends now. I now hang out in a group of 4 (or 5 if I count my friend that is going to another school)

I seriously dislike the cool cliques in school.

In 4th grade, when all of us were näive and innocent, my group of friends formed a group called BBKAATHH, putting all our first names' first letters together. No, we weren't nasty and mean. We just liked calling ourselves that.

Now the cool clique is called FOREJEINERS.

Whatever.

In first year at my university, people tended to seek out others who went to the same high school as them, whether they liked them or not, and re-form "(Insert Name Here) Class of 2012" cliques rather than trying to meet new people. There are like 35 000 undergrads at my school and people were trying to re-live grade 12. Two people I did not like AT ALL in high school followed me about for the entire year simply because OMG, I WAS IN THEIR CLASS. AUGH.

Now that we're all in third year and grown up, we've all made new friends in so many different places and "cliques" are certainly a thing of the past. Well, except for the frat boys and sorority girls, they seem to travel in large packs, consisting entirely of....other frat boys and sorority girls. I personally don't see the appeal, but for some people it's a way to form lifelong friendships.

I haven't seen school "cliques" since middle school, in the sense that people were mean to each other. We generally got over that and everyone hung out together in high school regardless of club activities. No such thing in college either, unless you count sororities and fraternities as cliques. Surprisingly, I've seen more cliques in the ADULT world, at work, than I have since middle school. Gossiping, mean, conniving, etc. Adults can be worse than kids sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back