Color Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnniChu

Reaction score
Your basement... I mean my basement! wait i don't
Hello everyone! I've been wanting to get a color Tama for a while now. I think I might try and get a P (because they have an English patch) but I'm not completely sure. Is there a better version you'd recommend, or are the P's a good choice?

I agree with KidRetro64, you should wait for the meets to be released !

Hello everyone! I've been wanting to get a color Tama for a while now. I think I might try and get a P (because they have an English patch) but I'm not completely sure. Is there a better version you'd recommend, or are the P's a good choice?
I don't yet own a colour Tamagotchi myself, but what I've picked up in the time that I've been here is that the P's ("P's" is the singular name, and it's meant to be read like "Peace" or "Piece" - it doesn't denote contracted multiples of "P" ;) ) seems to be the best-regarded colour Tamagotchi to date, partly because of the English patch, but also because of its extensibility - it has a lot of content that can be downloaded to it, both official and fan-made. This is why they tend to fetch a high price.

That said, as KidRetro64 notes, the Tamagotchi Meets is out next month. The Meets builds upon the M!x, and considering that it has Bluetooth connectivity with an external (doubtless Japan-only) mobile phone application, it may end up being hackable like the P's is. And though it will surely take a while for that to come to fruition if it is hackable, it might end up being a more affordable option once general hobby-retailers like HobbyLink Japan start carrying them.

For what it's worth, I'm intending on picking up a Meets as my first colour Tamagotchi, at some point, after having put off getting a M!x for so long that its successor came along. :lol: But then again, I'm not interested in the potential for hackability - what it offers as-is is enough for me.

P's is good, with or without the English patch. With the custom content that was made for it it can essentially never become boring, as you can change games and characters in it whenever you'd please. That's why even if it's pricy, the money gets back to you in replay value.

But an iD L would also be a good choice, and those don't go for all that much, and it also offers download content.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the M!Xes, as after the first few generations there is just nothing more to do in it other than mixing- whereas previous versions usually had other things to do/shoot for, sadly in the M!X only thing you can do is unlocking the destinations (which aren't infinite and don't give all that much in return) and marrying your tama. Meets is coming out soon and while it seems to have some fun additional stuff, it doesn't seem like there will be that much to do with it when the character reaches adulthood still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back