Colour/Color, Favourite/Favorite?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebobiac

June 2009 Contest Winner
Reaction score
...I don't know if this topic already exists. I hope not.

But how do you people spell it? xD I spell words like that with a U, just out of habit. Colour, labour, favourite. I'm not British or anything, I just picked it up somehow. My teachers say it's wroooooooong, but I ignore them. :D

While we're at it.

"It's not" or "It isn't"? "Haven't got" or "don't have"? "Grey" or "gray"?

English confuses the crud out of me.

EDIT: ...I'm not asking what your favourite colour is xD

Last edited by a moderator:
The u in words is the more English term, centered towards people from England. At least Mrs. Gunn told me that.

HEY WAIT.

Didn't I text you this question already? *dies*

Mine is Golden Brown.

Topaz.

Well, I'm Canadian, so my country spells it colour. But no, I don't. Even my spell check says colour is wrong xD I just like color better because it's shorter to write/type. And for the it's not, it isn't depends how I feel. I say Don't have and I spell it Grey.

Bright green.

I'm English, so I spell everything with a u. As for the last 3 - I say both for the first two, and always grey. On Word, at least on UK English, gray is shown as wrong.

I spell words like that without a U. I'm so American. xD

I sometimes spell it either gray or grey occasionally. My Firefox spell check says grey is wrong though. I use that one one percent of the time.

Ohyes, and I say "zee" instead of "zed" even though people yet at me for that here =\

I don't use a U because I'm American, also.

It had something to do with Noah Webster changing it to that. I dunno. I read it in a book somewhere. xD

It's colour, favourite, and grey, people. Dx

I'm British.

But all the American spellchecks try and deny it. I have to go back and check everything is spelt my way. xD

if english is an international language, why cant everything be spelled the same way, since there's only one kind of english?

I'm in Australia an we use British-English.

So...

Colour

Favourite

Labour

I also spell the colour Gray.

But that one is confusing. =]

English is confusing at times but at the end of the day we can all understand each other. That's what matters!

My favourite colour is pink. <3

Colour, Favourite, Mum, etc..

I live in Aussie, so we spell it differently than the other people in some other countries, haha. I used to find it so weird that people spell ''mum'' as ''mom''. xDD

Colour, Favourite, Mum, etc..
I live in Aussie, so we spell it differently than the other people in some other countries, haha. I used to find it so weird that people spell ''mum'' as ''mom''. xDD
My Mom used to think that People who spelt the word "Mommy/Mom" as "Mummy/Mum" Were talking about like, actual "Mummy" like, the kind from Egypt. xD

Well, I'm Canadian, so my country spells it colour. But no, I don't. Even my spell check says colour is wrong xD I just like color better because it's shorter to write/type. And for the it's not, it isn't depends how I feel. I say Don't have and I spell it Grey.
Same here.

I also say Zee instead of Zed. My Mom says Zed though. I'll be all "wtf Mom, its Zee. Not Zed" "No, its Zed!" "no, Zee!" xD

I'm in the US, so I don't use the U. Color, favorite, mom. I think the words look nice when there's U's though. o:

As for gray, I spell it with an A. But it could be either for me, I think.

U!!!!!

The 'u' is an amazing letter It's not selfish!!

It's all about u!

LOL!

Sorry very cheesy.

But yeah, I'm english.

& as for the word grey, it just confuses me.

I do the U's unless I'm on TT. 'Cause I know most people on here are American, so I do it their way. ;P

I think it's like, America spells it with no U, while the rest of the world does..?

Same with our measuring systems. Ours is metric and the US is... something I forget xD oh yeah, same with temperature too. Lots of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back