Coming Out Of the Closet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaTamatchi

Reaction score
So uh, this isn't like "what is your sexuality?" or anything like that, but, this topic is mainly for how you came out of the closet. For lesbians, gays, transgenders, bisexual, gender queer, etc.​

My coming out story was actually not very bad for my school. I'm a freshmen, so it has only been my first year in highschool. I remember the only people who knew that I was gay was a few friends, and that's all. Last year, in 8th grade, I told myself I would come out of the closet by the time it was my birthday in February when I was in highschool for my first year. Now, I didn't want to come out in a boring way or a serious way, but in more of a "carefree" or "clever" way kind of. I took a photo of myself, with a piece of paper saying "Oops! I'm gay" and I remember posting it and my heart skipping a beat, I didn't think I would be that nervous. In like a few minutes, I got MULTIPLE calls and calls coming from people congratulating me. Some other girl decided to screenshot the photo of me and repost it to her instagram, and a LOT of other people started to do it. I was really really happy because I didn't really think people would accept me so easy and quick like that. :)

I haven't came out to my parents, mainly people my mom is homophobic, but my dad isn't nor is my sister. I guess i'm just going to leave it for when I can actually financially take care of myself, just incase anything can go wrong. But what is your coming out story? :3

I'm not homosexual, but I'm not homophobic either. I just wanted to say that I think it's very brave of you to do that, and I wish you luck with coming out to your parents, whenever you may do that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not homosexual, but I'm not homophobic either. I just wanted to say that I think it's very brave of you to do that, and I wish you luck with coming out to your parents, whenever you may do that. :)
Same as WiiYoShi14.

It always makes me extremely happy when i hear about people coming out :)

and when it's as easy and painless as your experience doing so makes me even happier :3

I came out as Asexual to my friends, and it's petty simple - they took it well.

I'm worried about my parents though, because they think people with such sexualities are either faking it or 'haven't found the one' - yeah..

Also I like how your story turned out with the people congratulating u!! Congrats and good luck for ur parents!

I came out as heteroromantic homosexual on TT in the sexuality thread because I'm just weird like that and the first place I come out is a forum for Tamagotchi fans. :p I haven't yet come out anywhere except TT because my parents don't really care about my sexuality and it's really not necessary to tell my friends. When it comes to actually having a relationship, which won't be any time soon, I'll tell my parents but until then I'm quite happy in the closet. :D

A couple years ago my brother was looking through my emails and found some from the LGBT section of About.com. He decided everyone else obviously knew about it and he was left out of the loop, so he confronted my mum (because she would obviously know more than me). I was yelled at for hours and almost kicked out -_-

I finally got out of it by saying I didn't know what I was (I thought I was a lesbian at the time because I never found boys attractive, though I never stopped to ask myself if I found girls attractive)

I still get the average awkward question from my dad, but other than that everything is cool now. But Chaos I was terrified.

I had to "come out of the closest" that I was an ex-homosexual, meaning my orientation had transferred from homosexual to heterosexual without being bisexual/pansexual.

Most people think ex-homosexuals are liars, confused, or bisexual, so yeah, I just got a lot of hatred :blink:

Now I don't really care about sexuality and I believe it's just a bunch of labels based on what people happen to prefer. I don't care if someone's a heterosexual-panromantic-Type A-bigender. Just think of yourself as a person. :) Does which gender turns you on really define who you are? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple years ago my brother was looking through my emails and found some from the LGBT section of About.com. He decided everyone else obviously knew about it and he was left out of the loop, so he confronted my mum (because she would obviously know more than me). I was yelled at for hours and almost kicked out -_-

I finally got out of it by saying I didn't know what I was (I thought I was a lesbian at the time because I never found boys attractive, though I never stopped to ask myself if I found girls attractive)

I still get the average awkward question from my dad, but other than that everything is cool now. But Chaos I was terrified.
Not the happiest story, but interesting.

I really wish people could be a little more accepting of the LGBT community. You didn't even state 100% that you were and nearly got kicked out from being questionable.

We Humans are a flawed species indeed..

Never really bothered to come out...I've decided my solution is to not date any more guys through high school. Can't say there are any more people I'd want to date who would want to date me anyway. :p

I don't bother coming out because it would be a hassle to explain. I'm pansexual, so it's very common for people to be like "what you like pans?" "You like peter pan?" "What about pots?" It just annoys me to no end lol. I only tell people when they ask me. :D

Well my boyfriend of 2 years came out before me, and he did it a special way. He's had a. Difficult life, his mother is a lesbian and left him and his 3 brothers and sister, who were raised by the oldest brother until there father returned from abroad. He told his Dad and step mother, and then he posted a picture on Facebook.

bge6ps.jpg

I also did the same, I told my mother but by text message. Here's the photo.

35lt0k1.png

I finally came out to everyone by this photo, including the rest of my family.

o51icl.png

i came out as gay when i THOUGHT i was when I'm really pan. and guess where i did this? after a school christmas concert. at the school.

i regret doing that to this day.

I'm too scared to come out as pan tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back