Connection Issues...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*mimitchi*

Reaction score
I have a V4 and a V2 that are both in perfect working order, but when I try to connect the two, both of them fail. When I go to connect them, the V4 is set on 'Others', while the V2 is set on 'Ver. 1'. I've tried setting the V2 on 'Ver.2', but to no avail.

Has anyone had a problem like this before? I'm not entirely sure what could be causing them to fail at connecting with each other... If any of you guys have any suggestions or possible things I might have missed when trying to connect them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.♥

I don't have personal experience but I've heard a few things that hopefully will work. Maybe put them right in front of each other, like head to head (maybe not touching though, while attempting to connect. Also, I've read about someone who also had problems connecting and they opened up the Tamagotchi to find some sort of goo in the infrared port, like glue or something. So, I guess my advice is to put them close together or make sure the infrared port is unobstructed. Good luck! :p

this happened with my v2 only exept it wouldn't connect to any of my 15 tama collection

i tried squising the top where the IR sensor was until they connected and it worked.

hope i helped.

:D :nazotchi: :eek: :nazotchi: :D

When I go to connect them, the V4 is set on 'Others', while the V2 is set on 'Ver. 1'
Yes, that's the correct method. (For more info about connecting different versions see this topic: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=163511 )

A connection might fail if you're in a bright location such as outside on a sunny day or too close to a lamp.

If you have access to another Tamagotchi, try connecting your V2 with it, then try connecting your V4 with it.

If, even under perfect conditions, they still fail to connect, press the button on the back of the V4. Then select Download from the Download/Reset menu that appears on the screen. Then try to connect them again. If this doesn't work, press the button on the back of the V2, then select Download. Some members have reported that their Tamagotchi would not connect until after they had done this.

Note: Selecting Download from the menu may delay the growth process.

Caution: Selecting Reset from the menu will erase your character, gotchi points, history, items, foods, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help everyone. :wub:

The first thing I did was try downloading both of them, and that solved my problem.

All your suggestions were very much appreciated. :)

I tried to connect my 4.5 and my V.5 and neither worked... is there anything I can do to fix this?

I tried to connect my 4.5 and my V.5 and neither worked... is there anything I can do to fix this?
The V4.5 & V5 aren't designed to connect.

Group 1: V1, V2, V3, V4, V4.5

Group 2: V5, V5 Celebrity, MusicStar (V6), Tama-Go.

You can connect any two in Group 1 to each other.

You can connect any two in Group 2 to each other.

You can't connect any from Group 1 to any in Group 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back