Crochet Tutorial

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Layolachi

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So ive been looking to learn how to crochet cases for tamagotchis for a while now. Got me some hooks and yarn and i've had a play, but was wondering if there was any good tutorials online, maybe pinterest or on a forum that would help me to get the shape for the case.

Don't really know what to search on google to be honest and 'tamagotchi case crochet tutorial' turned up nothing. Just anything that might help me learn, i mean i can do the basic stitch and ive made my last case using thick yarn and a big hook and i just added another stitch before i hooked through each hole {I dont know the terminology so i do apologise} and then to close the outer edge i just stitched every second or third hole till it made a nice basket shape. But i want to do some thinner cases using thinner yarn and i wont be able to get away with any bad stitches on this one because you'll be able to see.

I've put a picture on my log of the ones i've been making with thick yarn, i can kinda hide any mistakes on that one quite easily.

Urgh, i really want to learn it but i just dont know where to start with it all lol

Odds posted a basic pattern when she started out making cases for her tamas. It's on her tumblr (scroll down and you will see the instructions on how to do the pattern: https://s1142.photobucket.com/user/TheModelPainter/media/DSCF1796.jpg.html

Not sure if that will help as I knit (occasionally) but have never done crochet - it doesn't appear to be too difficult to follow tho' - so maybe you don't need a tutorial - I think that she just started out and experimented until she got the kinds of shapes and sizes she was happy with for different tama versions.

Edit: When I said Odds I actually meant Oddsandendswithlove: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/user/202385-oddsandendswithlove/

Carol_tama also crochets cases and she might have a pattern or tutorial you could try. She also has a tumblr: https://carolscrochetwonderland.tumblr.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for posting for me tamamum ^.^ and yes I have done many different designs since then but I have only been crocheting now for the past 4 or 5 months now, I have other pages of crochet cover designs in my signature below ^.^ happy crocheting <3

Thanks I'll have a look. I've been having a play tonight and managed to make one case before my knuckles felt like they were going to fall off.

I guess it's just practice isn't it!

Appreciate the help :)

Good luck! Crocheting is a lot easier than knitting in my opinion. ;) I had a try at making Tamagotchi cases but they just turned into triangles. a_a

Good luck! Crocheting is a lot easier than knitting in my opinion. ;) I had a try at making Tamagotchi cases but they just turned into triangles. a_a
I actually realised after I posted this that if I searched crochet pouch on youtube I'd get some tutorials up that are almost the right shape.

I personally need someone to show me so didn't find these much use so I've just been practicing myself. I don't really mind what they look like in the end as long as they serve their purpose lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back